Smoked Ribeye Roast (Pics)

markrvp

Full Fledged Farker
I'm always looking for deals in the meat department of my local grocery store. Originally, my plan was to find a roast I could Sous Vide for 48 hours. What I found on sale was a 3.75 lb. bone-in ribeye roast. Unfortunately I ran out of time this week and decided to smoke it instead. I fired up the BIG Green Egg to 250 degrees with 1 chunk of Mesquite (which I like on beef) and two small chunks of Peach. While the smoker was coming up to temp, I covered the roast with a mix of Worcesteshire and Soy Sauce, and then dusted it with Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder, then a very liberal coating of Montreal Steak Seasoning. It went on for about 2 hours until it hit an internal temp of 135 degrees Farenheit. I let it rest tented under foil for 20 minutes then sliced it to serve.

It was really good. It was a little heavy on the Montreal seasoning and the Mesquite MAY have been a little strong, but I tend to like that. I'll try it with Pecan next time to compare. I ate it with some leftover potato salad my wife made on Labor Day.

Attachments

• 01_Ribeye.jpg
    01_Ribeye.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_7260.JPG
    IMG_7260.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_7261.JPG
    IMG_7261.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 376
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 378
After seeing that beautiful piece of beef and immediately drooling on my keyboard, I've decided to change Saturday's cook from SL ribs to a prime rib roast. Ribs can be Sunday, but that ribeye roast looks amazing! Little creamy horseradish on the side, please!

Great job!

"Unfortunately I ran out of time this week and decided to smoke it instead"---

Personally, I fail to see the misfortune in this! That is a fine looking cook.

Back