Smoked Chipotle Pork Shoulder - live

What's the heat level on a cook like this? I assume it's spicy but, if I try this recipe out for a crowd do you think it would be too spicy for some?

Why wouldn't you shred the peppers and mix them with the pork? I would...

Canned Jalapenos are a Forest Gump- you never know what you're going to get heat wise. They also just sell the adobo sauce. Grabbed that by mistake one time. A nice mistake. Good stuff.

What's the heat level on a cook like this? I assume it's spicy but, if I try this recipe out for a crowd do you think it would be too spicy for some?
Without the peppers mixed in there was a slight tingle of heat in the mouth from just mixing the leftover liquids. If I would have chopped those peppers it would have been have been runny nose hot with maybe a little sweat. I could still eat it and enjoy it but my wife? Nope.

Without the peppers mixed in there was a slight tingle of heat in the mouth from just mixing the leftover liquids. If I would have chopped those peppers it would have been have been runny nose hot with maybe a little sweat. I could still eat it and enjoy it but my wife? Nope.

That's exactly what I needed to know!!! Thanks!

After you've pulled it and allowed to rest overnight. Take some chopped, shredded and chunks and pan fry to get some crispy edges in a cast iron skillet with bacon grease. Use that in quesadilla's. One of our favorites. Also great with kimchee Cole slaw on sandwiches

After you've pulled it and allowed to rest overnight. Take some chopped, shredded and chunks and pan fry to get some crispy edges in a cast iron skillet with bacon grease. Use that in quesadilla's. One of our favorites. Also great with kimchee Cole slaw on sandwiches

I was thinking you could throw a little chopped pineapple in there and do a cool version of Tacos al Pastor. I'm definitely going to try this!

Wimp... :mad2:

:laugh:

Back