THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dwfisk

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Dave
This is an update of a thread started here (no real reason to look at it unless you really want to):
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172829

Most of the recipes call for boneless & skinless chicken breast meat but I started with some leftover smoked chicken quarters and broke them down into edible chunks.
001_zps60f9d60b.jpg

007_zps70ef8162.jpg

If you are interested in details, do an internet search on "Chilis Chicken Enchilada Soup", that is where I started. Here are the players. I added some southwestern corn to the traditional recipe mix, promised mom we would have some veggies while she was gone.
002_zps19386fd4.jpg

Began rendering some Chourizo (why would you saute veggies in oil when you have a chance to add flavor) and added the onions, garlic & jalapenos.
005_zps0072d943.jpg

Everybody in the pot and bring it to a simmer.
006_zpse159c9c9.jpg

Added the chicken.
009_zps44f324f0.jpg

It's simmering for 30-40 minutes but I've already done a taster, really good and yep, can definitely taste the smoked chicken flavors!

Thanks for lookin.

Just made some smoked chick noodle soup on Monday. Thanks for this, I still have 1.5 PBC smoked yardbird in the freezer that I wanted to do chicken tortilla soup, but yours looks positively Nomz.

Just made some smoked chick noodle soup on Monday. Thanks for this, I still have 1.5 PBC smoked yardbird in the freezer that I wanted to do chicken tortilla soup, but yours looks positively Nomz.

This one has enough cheese to plug ........ well QT is a family site but suffice it to say there are other less constipated recipes. The texture is more like a thick stew or chili. We like it but may not be for everybody.

That looks amazing my friend!
And you were asking us for ideas :laugh:

And good job keeping the promise to eat your veggies. Mama will be happy..........

And we all know how important that is :mrgreen:

Looks fantastic Dave! I thought I was the only one who drank wine on the rocks in a red solo cup. :-D :cool:

Back