Smoke on the Water (GA) 3/21-22 (FBA sanction)

The guys in Thomaston did a great job putting together their first event.
My hat is off to them!

This was my first walk for a third in chicken. It made us proud. My oldest son, Thomas, stepped up to the plate and took over for my partner most of the cook. I am giving him a lot of the credit for the chicken. His young eyes helped pick the best pieces.

It really was a great event, good music, good company, pretty ladies and plenty of cold beverages.

I hope to see you all in Barnesville, Georgia next month!

Thanks to everyone that came to Thomaston for the event. We learned a lot and we hope that everyone will come back next year! Any other comments or critiques that any of you may have are welcome. We hope to make Smoke on the Water one of the best events of the year! Myself and other organizers will see you all in Barnesville!

Thanks,
Nash

The organizers in Thomaston did a bang-up job. Very nice location, fun people, great music, well organized contest. Wish I would have cooked better... :icon_smil

Congratulations to Myron and Kevin for GC and RGC, and everyone else who got a call. Cool trophies too! I'm going back next year 8)

Thanks all... Big congrats to Myron and David on the Grand, and to Big Daddy Q, Rub, Munchees, Bubba, Mike, Chad, Stan, and to anyone I forgot to mention... Great contest, especially for a first year event. Looking forward to next year, and to Barnesville next month...

Hopefully I won't lose 2 tires on the way back from that one, like I did this one..

Kevin, Congratulations on the RGC! Hate to hear about the tires. Hope all is ok.

Thanks Chris, no damage done... But made for a very long day getting home.. What should have been a 7 hour drive ended up being a 12 hour drive. I was very happy to get home!

Ouch! lets see fuel $4.00 gal all the way to GA and two tires.
That was $$$$ sucks

Congrats to all.
See you guys in the fall.
Fuel is too high for any field trips this summer.

Back