THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jayblefty

Knows what a fatty is.
Have done a few cooks on this since I got it last Monday but this was my first shot at a slow smoke. Used the snake method with KBB and some chunks of Olive wood. I had a piece of New York strip laying around work so I trimmed it up and splashed it with worshtashire sauce and some Salt-Pepper-Onion-Garlic seasoning. Put a water pan with beer in it because... Well why not:p Gave it a couple hours indirect then when it hit 120 internal temp I threw it on the grill to get a good sear on. Finished at about 130+/- let it rest for a while then sliced it thin. going to run some sandwich specials with it over the weekend. It was REALLY TASTY!!! I am more and more pleased with this little kettle with every cook! And now for the Pron...

Stacked and ready to light

About an hour in...

Seared and Probed...

Sliced and ready to eat... Thanks for looking, and thank you to anyone who owns a Weber Kettle because you all convinced me that I NEEDED one!!!

That looks done just right! I just picked a JJ for my birthday yesterday and already planning on smoking something on it. I think I might go with chicken. Thanks for posting!

That looks great! Yum! I picked up a JJ gold because it requires a different handle. I didn't want one, I needed one..... :) but I really like it.

Back