Sliced spare ribs

OferL

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
I looked for a spare ribs rack but I could only find sliced ones. I was told they are easier to sell for most people who want 3-4 slices.
So I thought I get some and try to cook them the same as a rack.
Got them all rubbed and ready for 3-2-1 low and slow. Maybe these will take a shorter time for being sliced. We'll see.

MsdgMtth.jpg

They have a long strand of meat attached. Is this what you mean country style?

Here in the 'states Country Style Ribs (csr) are strips cut from the shoulder - the pork butt. they come both with and without bone.

Those do look like CSRs. Gonna be dang tasty either way.

I don't even see any rib bone. Country style ribs are basically pork shoulder sliced to look like ribs. I don't know what you have there but it definitely doesn't look like ribs.

There is a bone but I think @bschoen is right and these are not ribs.
Cooking temp was ~300. This is what they look like after 2 hours and a turn over:

idrQufIh.jpg

I cut and tasted a slice and I think they are done. I will add some glaze now and finish them.

Whatever they are they are looking good. You may want to try asking if you can have the butcher set aside a rack of ribs that are uncut for you. I have done this at Sam's Club here for beef dino ribs and have had great success. Otherwise, they cut them up for shortribs and raise the price. Good Luck

So the finished food was good.
Some of the pieces did have a bone that looked like ribs but others did not.
I stopped the cook at 2:30 hours and that was a good thing. Some of the tips were getting dry.

AC25offh.jpg

oVoqHwQh.jpg

The meat seemed like ribs and some pork belly. It was good but not what I paid for... I learned my lesson about that store.

You venture out to cook something new and make corrections for future cooks is what it's all about for me.
You did
Good.
Ed

You venture out to cook something new and make corrections for future cooks is what it's all about for me.
You did
Good.
Ed

I was told once: being a person of principles is a good thing. But the first principle you should have is flexibility.

So keeping an open mind is always important. In cooking even more.

Looks like some fine eats to me, call it what they want to but pork is hard to mess up

Back