Sip & Swine Charity Cook 4th Edition 2019 (Also competing this time.....with just my Pit Boss??)

Congrats on the great results, Jason! Thanks for letting us nibble on your leftovers. Also, I enjoyed meeting your dad, wife, and future tiny human 2.

Great to shake hands and talk BBQ! Always great to share the bbq. We always have too much to take back home :biggrin1:. Glad you got to taste the garbage we didn't turn in :becky:. That brisket was banging.

Jason, I refuse to congratulate you and it was not good seeing you at this contest. However, I do respect that you cooked on the PitBoss and whooped our ass.

Yup, sounds like something 29th place would say after being bitter by getting beat by a Walmart clearance $109 easy bake oven..........:becky:

I might be making my Pitboss medallion chain soon!

Like I said, respect.

It's never good to see you; however, I greatly enjoyed seeing your family and team. Well done making the airline bottle of The Macallan look like a big bottle.

Here's the full details of our categories for folks that don't see these regularly
IqNLXLil.jpg

I technically thought it was all good. Ribs and chicken tasted a little different but since it was a completely different smoker that is to be expected. Only one 8 in appearance so it all was pretty, but that score is weighted the least.

Gotta work on pork and chicken, but those have always been our problem children. We don't compete enough to be consistent. I'm super happy with the results on that smoker. Might even do it again :-D

Hell. It’s almost like you can’t win with a clearance easy bake at a comp anymore. All these dang guys with stickburners....if only Jason had one....

Do you think this guy is trying to rub it in?

View attachment 168623

Last edited:
Hell. It’s almost like you can’t win with a clearance easy bake at a comp anymore. All these dang guys with stickburners....if only Jason had one....

Do you think this guy is trying to rub it in?

View attachment 168623

They were sitting across from me at the cook's meeting and they raised a hand when asked if this was your first KCBS event. To do that well your first time out was very impressive.

They were sitting across from me at the cook's meeting and they raised a hand when asked if this was your first KCBS event. To do that well your first time out was very impressive.

Yup they did a great job!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing pictures from the competition. Everything looked great and like it was a lot of fun. Great looking truck as well.

Somehow I’m late to this thread.... 1st off congrats on the new addition that will soon come
To your family..... great thread buddy and you killed the cook!!!!!

Congrats on the super tiny human and the comp.
Did you cook without the water pan drip tray thing? If so do you normally do that? I can't figure out if I want to put water in it, leave it dry or not have it in at all. Any thoughts on performance one way or the other?

Congrats on the super tiny human and the comp.

Did you cook without the water pan drip tray thing? If so do you normally do that? I can't figure out if I want to put water in it, leave it dry or not have it in at all. Any thoughts on performance one way or the other?
I did not use the water pan. Doesn't need it. I normally just put a full pan on the bottom with foil on it and replace the foil each time. This time the bottom had brisket in a raised pan.

Back