Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Sip & Swine BBQ Festival (GBC Qualifier)

Friday night dinner update!!!!

I just got off the phone with Cindy, and there WILL BE a Friday night potluck for teams (pro and BY), judges, and VIPs/sponsors. I'm working out the details with Cindy, and I'll have details (hopefully) this weekend.

At this point, just start thinking about some wonderful things you can bring, and we'll have details soon! :-D

What do people usually bring to this little shindig? This will be my very first comp and I want to experience the whole danged hootenanny! So, what do most people bring? What kinds of things? I can get the wife to bake something...

What do people usually bring to this little shindig? This will be my very first comp and I want to experience the whole danged hootenanny! So, what do most people bring? What kinds of things? I can get the wife to bake something...

It's just a pot luck dinner, so folks just bring whatever they want. Although there are so teams that go above and beyond, and I'm really happy when I get to eat their non-bbq food :p

That's great news. Now we just have to figure out what will travel well.

If you can't think of something, there is a Publix grocery store right next door,and they have great fresh food and sweets...just something to keep in mind.

Some go all out and make fancy stuffed pork chops or other stuff I'm not that great at making, while others bring more simple dishes or sides.

Part of what I'm putting together is some sort of a sign up so everyone knows what others are bringing and we don't end up with 10 sets of cookies from Walmart ☺.

I'm coming from Illinois and interested in coming to the pot luck as well. I'm going to judge and then head on down to Bike week at Daytona Beach. Going to Judge Bainbridge the next weekend on the way back home.
Looking forward to meeting teams on Friday night and after judging on Saturday.

With a pic like that on your name just show up and those dawg fans will feed you out of respect!! GO TIGERS!!!!

WOOT!! I just confirmed yesterday that I will be cooking with @Chattahoochee Que for this one! This will be my first contest going from set up to leaving. I cant WAIT! :mrgreen::clap2:

Hold on there Allen.....when I agreed you could join me, your handle was MariettaSmoker not this CU orange nonsense!! I might have to rethink this...

Just kidding...but I do have a no orange dress code for anyone in my cook site :becky::becky:

Seriously though, it was great talking to you and look forward to meeting you and sharing this wonderful sport of competition bbq.

Allen

Uh oh. All I have to wear has orange in it. I guess I could buy a Georgia shirt to just get grease and soot all over it. :shock:

Morning friends!!!

Below is the link to the sign-up for the Friday evening Potluck dinner!!! All details are in the link, but I've also copied the verbiage below for your reading pleasure :-D.

If you have any questions, you can contact Jim or Cindy, but they are super busy, so I would advise that any questions about the Potluck go through me as I am helping to set this up for them

Have a great day!!!

Sip & Swine BBQ Festival

Friday Night Potluck Dinner

Come hang out Friday night and socialize with teams of new and old, judges, and the VIP/Sponsors for the Sip & Swine BBQ festival! This is a great opportunity to share your love of BBQ with all members of this wonderful event. Dinner will be in the VIP tent next to the main stage starting at 6pm, with dinner starting at 6:30pm (6-6:30pm will be social hour). Please sign up for what you would like to bring. Beverages are BYOB, but please be discrete if you bring "adult" beverages into the VIP tent.

If you have any questions please contact Jim or Cindy Lloyd, the organizers, or Beth Mewborn with J & B's BBQ (jandbsbbq@gmail.com or via Facebook).

We look forward to seeing you all on March 4th!

Date: 03/04/2016 (Fri.)
Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm CST
Created by: Beth Mewborn

Click here for Sign Up Link

Last edited:
So Tenacious Q will now be there. We won't be competing, but helping Jim out in other ways :becky:

^=trouble!!! Jason, at a competition, when he won't be competing = the possibility for much pain and abuse to my liver, and a terrible hangover for Saturday!!! Also, my baby-sitters (aka: the hubby and David) will NOT be there Friday night... :shocked:

^=trouble!!! Jason, at a competition, when he won't be competing = the possibility for much pain and abuse to my liver, and a terrible hangover for Saturday!!! Also, my baby-sitters (aka: the hubby and David) will NOT be there Friday night... :shocked:

You just need to pay him to do that to another team.

Ya........my dream goal in life has was always to be at a competition with zero competition responsibility. So sky's the limit!! :-D

Going to guess yelling "YOLO??" ironically a lot will be a part of the equation :becky:. Can't miss out on an event 10mins from the house. Was originally going to be in FL for work for 2 weeks and that got shifted so ready to hang out and start the year off right :icon_blush:

You just need to pay him to do that to another team.

I mean I do just about anything for free, so can't even image what happens when money comes into play! :clap2:.

Think they let us on the field at like 3am??? I bet my camper would look really nice parked on home plate.

Back