Grits.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 144
  • Shrimp.jpg
    Shrimp.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 144
  • Beniegt.jpg
    Beniegt.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 146
Fried shrimp heads? I could be talked into trying a handfull. I was watching a YT video and a lady of Asian descent would eat the whole bug head to tail, according to her this is the norm back home.
I'd be concerned about the sharp edged scales in my lower GI hose.
Ed

The upper exoskeleton is removed before battering.
The only shell-like part remaining is the upper appendages and those are thinned shelled. Many people trim those off as well.

Fried shrimp heads? I could be talked into trying a handfull. I was watching a YT video and a lady of Asian descent would eat the whole bug head to tail, according to her this is the norm back home.
Ed

I had fried bug shell at a Japanese restaurant. I thought it was just decoration like the big Shiso leaf in the middle of the plate. I was told to wrap the shiso leaf around a piece of fish and eat it. It was good. Then I said this (pointing to the battered, deep fried bug shell), this is just decoration, right? Nope - he showed me to just eat it backwards, starting at the tail so it doesn't poke your throat. You chomp it down in one motion, like eating a whole twinkie at once. Shrimp flavored potato chip basically.

Back