Contest Announcment Shotgun Fred BBQ Showdown

Swamp Donkeyz BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
The Shotgun Fred BBQ Showdown is a KCBS sanctioned event. It has a guaranteed payout of $10,000, pays the top ten in the four meats and the top ten overall. This event is also a Jack qualifier and an Official Qualifying Event of the World Food Championships. It will be held in Huntsville, Tx 2/26 to 2/28. All spots are 40 x 40 with water and power.

Looks like we could hit 50+ teams. Looking forward to meeting folks from all over the Q world this year. There's teams from many states here in the Us and we've got a competitor from Japan this year.

There's still some time to get in this event. From the looks of it, there will be some great KCBS teams, again, this year. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

There's a few Motels that are within a 5 minute drive of the event. Best Western, Econo Lodge, Motel 6, Holiday Inn Express, and Days Inn are all close. I'm not sure which one is being used the most. I'll post on the Facebook page and see if we get any feedback.

The Best Western has a block rate and told me seven rooms gone. I booked two days at $100 a night and Motel 6 had rooms at $42. But I will change and go where the most of us will be. Last I heard there were 68 teams.

Congrats to Lucky Dawg BBQ on their Grand Championship win, and to Kosmos on their Reserve Grand Championship. Thank you so much to ALL the teams who came out to support this event. We hope to see everyone return next year!

Back