THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They're both quality. You'll get a Lang faster. You can customize a Shirley more, and the welds will look better.

If the wait is no problem I would go with a Shirley. You cannot beat the quality.paul does a lot of the small builds so you may be able to get it a little faster.

I owned a Lang years back and it cooked ok but I've seen the Shirley welds and models and I would quickly go with Shirley. Seems like better custumer service to.

I have had my Shirley for 3 years. It is a great cooker. Paul is an outstanding person. I would buy 10 more if I could.

Ben Lang makes a good quality stock RF cooker with limited options. I enjoyed my 48 for a few years and would whole heartedly recommend his cooker to anyone. Now, the Shirley I have on order....that's another story. Each cooker is customized to what you want, and the workmanship is unsurpassed anywhere in this business. You will have to wait for it, but from what I know, it's worth the wait.

Ok, this thread gave me an idea....... And am sure will cost me some cash. So, sent off an email to Shirley today. Once I get the reply I am sure a deposit will have to be sent. Lol..... But will finally come full circle to what I want..... Lol....

Brien:

If this is a life changing decision for you, you may be taking this BBQ thing a bit too seriously. I like BBQ, but it is not worth falling on your sword for.

Anyway, I think that the welds on my Lang are nice looking, but I would not put them in the same class, as say-- Jane Russell.

Once you are thoroughly engaged in using your new smoker, I am sure you will find that such things are not of great import.

The purpose of the tool, and its ability to perform, will probably quickly overshadow any other considerations. I, for one, like the rustic appearance of my Lang. When you look at it, it is clear what its purpose is. Its functionality goes hand-in-hand with the feel of strength inherent in its design. It just feels right when you use it. That doesn't mean that I couldn't fall for a new BBQ suitor, if the right one came along, but I am sure if you choose Lang-- you will not be left wanting.

Have fun.

Back