Seven Pepper Snack Sticks

MossyMO

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Marty Owens
Did a 12 1/2 pound batch of Seven Pepper snack sticks with 10 pounds of venison and 2 1/2 pounds of lean pork, then smoked with OHC (oak, hickory, cherry) pellets... this snack sticks flavor goes perfectly with a beer![FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
-----

The seasoning about to be mixed with the ground venison/pork.

-----

Smoking the snack sticks.

-----

Snack sticks just out of the smoker.

-----

Seven Pepper snack sticks ready to be vacuum sealed and put away in the freezer.

Thanks for looking!

I agree, I would keep sampling and end up with one in a vacuum bag, and decide that's a waste of a bag and eat it instead...

Nice job!

Those looke great!!! I just recieved my order of 24mm collagen casings from LEM... I love using them for bun sized links!! Again... Very nice job on the snackers

What type of casings did you use? I guess you eat the casing as well?

Edible 21mm mahogany collagen casings
[FONT=&quot]www.sausagemaker.com/27807brownsmokedcollagencasings7821mm.aspx

[/FONT]

Did you cold smoke them?

[FONT=&quot]- Set Smokehouse temp at around 130° with the damper open and add meat sticks with no smoke for 1-2 hours for the sticks to dry. Do not have any pieces toughing if possible.
- Turn the Smokehouse temp up to 150°- 160° with the damper open and smoke for 2-3 hours. This is all a personal preference. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Once you are done smoking you need to finish cooking and get the sticks up to the proper internal temperature. Turn the Smokehouse up to 170° - 190° and cook until internal temp is 155°. Remove from smoker and allow to cool. [/FONT]

Back