Contest Announcment SD BBQ Championships Huron, SD June 5 & 6

Gerrit_Boys

Full Fledged Farker
The 2015 South Dakota BBQ Championships will be held in Huron, SD on the South Dakota State Fairgrounds. The event is in it's 9th year and is KCBS sanctioned. The smallest site sizes are 20'x50' and are all on grass sites with 20 and 30 amp power (a few spots are 50 amp). Water and RV cleanout are onsite along with a bathhouse with showers. The Friday Chili contest and the Saturday Backyard BBQ contest are back with both blind and public judging. The Backyard event is free to enter when competing in the KCBS contest and all the meat is provided at no cost. The $12,000 payouts run 10 deep in the 4 meats and to the top 5 overall. Last year with the ancillary categories we paid out over $14,500! The proceeds from this event are being used to help build a new 4-H exhibit hall on the fairgrounds.

Get your entry in before April 15th and save $25!!

http://www.sdbbqchampionships.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/SD-BBQ-Championships/76680967040

Last edited:
This contest caught our eye last year, but we couldn't make it. The feedback we have heard regarding it has been good. We will certainly try to lock this in on our summer schedule this year.

We can't say enough good things about this competition. It has all the important things to make a great weekend. Great facility, well organized, and great payout! I never understand why more teams don't sign up for this one. I guess it is the best kept secret in the Midwest! If you are on the fence, don't be just sign up!

Eggspert BBQ

This contest caught our eye last year, but we couldn't make it. The feedback we have heard regarding it has been good. We will certainly try to lock this in on our summer schedule this year.

Come check it out, we'd love to have you. You can head down on Thursday and stay over on Saturday if you'd like. There are tons of other things going on at the fairgrounds that weekend! Here's the link to the rest of the events:
http://www.wheeljam.com/events

Can't wait for this contest. It's a wonderful event with lots going on for the whole family. We'll be there trying to make top 5 again.

That was a good showing! I'll be on Guru watch and I'll learn how to silence the alarm.

Great contest.

Planning on coming down Rob? Bring Jim along!

Definitely In. Will be competing in all 5 SD contests.

Cool, I heard the chili was a hit in Pierre. Are you going to give it a shot?

We can't say enough good things about this competition. It has all the important things to make a great weekend. Great facility, well organized, and great payout! I never understand why more teams don't sign up for this one. I guess it is the best kept secret in the Midwest! If you are on the fence, don't be just sign up!

Eggspert BBQ

Thanks for the kind words. It always eludes me as to why this event doesn't do 50 teams. Maybe it is the best kept secret! At any rate, the show will go on!:clap2:

Come check it out, we'd love to have you. You can head down on Thursday and stay over on Saturday if you'd like. There are tons of other things going on at the fairgrounds that weekend! Here's the link to the rest of the events:
http://www.wheeljam.com/events

That was a good showing! I'll be on Guru watch and I'll learn how to silence the alarm.

Planning on coming down Rob? Bring Jim along!

Cool, I heard the chili was a hit in Pierre. Are you going to give it a shot?

Thanks for the kind words. It always eludes me as to why this event doesn't do 50 teams. Maybe it is the best kept secret! At any rate, the show will go on!:clap2:
The chili was a hit in Pierre. They ate it like crazy! I'd love to give it a shot sometime but this year probably won't be it. Spent too much money fixing the floor in my trailer this year to buy equipment. Maybe next year!

We are officially signed up today! This one is by far my favorite contest of the year.

Several teams have taken advantage of the early bird discount thus far. There are a little less than 2 weeks before the April 15th deadline so thought I'd throw out a friendly reminder for teams that are planning to compete to get those entries in and save a few bucks!!

With right at a month left before the event there are 25 teams signed up and it would be great to see that double. There is plenty of space available so come check it out!

If any are on the fence about coming, this is an awesome contest. Great facility, great organizers, great hospitality and great payouts. This one is by far my favorite contest of the year

Back