Sausages & Charcoal ----Plus a List--- Yippee

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Just hit a couple stores while wife was in a MD Office. $2# full spares took two racks. Eggs $4dozen took two dozen.. Kind of hungry for custom sausage but none in butcher case.Escaped down the charcoal aisle. Sales on store brands. A loyal B&B fan until about a year ago. But what I've found interesting is the rebound in Kingsford Blue Bag. My New Year's Resolution this year is to buy no coals buy no bourbon. Still holding strong to the res's, but I do look. Anyway, I've included a List. Read the write up on Kingsford Blue Bag popularity. At my Sam's two twenty pound bags $18+change+tax. See people buying a couple double bags quite often.
I grew up with Blue Bag and Gulf Lite. And probably used more in my adult life than I care to remember.
When I begin shopping for coals again in 2023 may get me a double of KBlue.
Enjoy the article

https://carnivorestyle.com/best-charcoal-briquettes

Last edited:
He says the Jealous Devil lump is charcoal briquettes? Huh? Hard to take the article serious for me at least.

From the article…
The charcoal briquettes burn for up to 12 hours in ideal conditions, creating minimal ash without splitting or popping. Each charcoal briquette is made to be an ideal size, allowing for an easy and quick light.

Kingsford Professional on sale through Jun 12 at Costco. 2 18lb bags $5.50 off.

In the article, his #6 charcoal is Weber. I believe it is discontinued, in the US at least. His link goes to Amazon and it says "currently unavailable". Really liked that charcoal. Have a few bags left.

Need more whiskey.

Robert

He says the Jealous Devil lump is charcoal briquettes? Huh? Hard to take the article serious for me at least.

From the article…
The charcoal briquettes burn for up to 12 hours in ideal conditions, creating minimal ash without splitting or popping. Each charcoal briquette is made to be an ideal size, allowing for an easy and quick light.

I’m not sure what “lump briquettes” implies but JD briqs are some of my favorite briquettes for all the same reasons I love their lump charcoal. Very little smoke on startup, clean burning, high heat, and long lasting.

My go to for my weber is KBB. Best bbq hot dogs, chicken, burgers ever. Brisket, Ribs, Butts, is another story....
Those cuts dont involve a weber, or KBB.

Back