Saturday spread...

mytmouz

is Blowin Smoke!
My pops retired effective Friday. My mom wanted some schmoke for a smallish celebration gathering. I loaded up both UDS drums and other stuff and offloaded the day before, and arrived @ 6:30am to set up. Got both drums rolling, installed my second Maverick ET-732 (Thanks 5-0 BBQ!) and dropped the meats below on @ 8:00am (central). A 11lb butt, I rubbed with my own rub, and a 9 lb brisky rubbed as we with the same rub. (I know it is smallish, but the amount of food would feed 4 times the guest list as it was, lol...) and 2 maple naked fatties I rubbed with SM spicy apple for some Wampus beans...

100_0111.jpg

I went hotnfast (sorta), as I was shooting for a 5:00pm grubfest. I foiled the brisky @ 165, 2 hours in, after separating the point and @ 12:15, I coolered the flat. I moved the point over to the butt drum, and added my first brined turkey to the other drum. (Patio Daddio brine, and a SM pecan rub) Coolered the butt @ 3:45pm, and put the Wampus peach bourbon beans I had been slowly congealing in the crock pot into a pan and hit the smoker with those, along with some Jalepeno and chedder smoked venison sausage, and some local smoked sausage.. At 4:45pm, I pulled the butt, sliced the brisky, cut the links, brought the beans in, and @ 4:58 pm, I brought the turkey in...

(Can't believe I got it all in on time):clap2:

Shot of it all...

100_0114.jpg

Pulled butt and sausage...

100_0116.jpg

Easily my best brisket, and pick quality is poor, it had a nice ring...

100_0117.jpg

And the bird...

100_0115.jpg

Raves from all, easily the juiciest turkey I ever had anywhere, and the beans were a big hit...

Sides were coleslaw, corn on the cob, tater salad, some appetizers I never looked at, and desserts.

No money shots, as I was elbowed aside, and the burnt ends never made it to a plate for a pic...

Great time by all, I thoroughly enjoyed the cook (since it was relative stress free) thanks to all who posted threads to guide me through the process so I could complete a successful cook...

Wow, heck of a spread right there! Looks like some good eats. Nice job on the time management too. I love it when a plan comes together, especially when brisket is involved.

Nice looking Q!

Way to go on getting it done at the same time, bet you were exhausted.

My pops retired effective Friday.

Outstanding. I bet your Dad was prouder than can be that his son honored him with a retirement BBQ. It's not something he will soon forget. Ever time he thinks of it he'll think of all those years he worked to provide for his family. Ya done good!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Back