Sam's Contests? What happened to Troy?

QN

is one Smokin' Farker
Sam's Club and KCBS are pleased to announce Michael McDearman as the new Series Director for the Sam's Club National BBQ Tour. "McD" is an author, the owner of "Get Fired Up" cooking school, and previously the host of the American GrillMaster Experience. Fans and attendees have enjoyed McD's cooking demonstrations and samplings for years, and we're excited to have him as our new Series Director. McDearman is taking over tour duties from Chef Troy Black who, after completing more than 100 successful events, has decided to take a personal break before pursuing other professional opportunities.

The man had a major heart attack and subsequent surgery the year before starting the tour. I wouldn't blame him for wanting or needing to take a break from all the moving and traveling the gig requires. I have no doubt Michael will do an outstanding job in his stead.

I do not know Troy, but Michael should do a good job. Honestly, it sounds like a huge commitment for anyone. Lots of travel and headaches and not a lot of recognition unless you screw up.

Troy is on FB.. you can probably contact him that way and get his answer straight from him.

Well fark lets blame a person instead of Sam's Club for the rules we don't like. :tsk:

Good luck to both as they move forward.

Sam's Club and KCBS are pleased to announce Michael McDearman as the new Series Director for the Sam's Club National BBQ Tour. "McD" is an author, the owner of "Get Fired Up" cooking school, and previously the host of the American GrillMaster Experience. Fans and attendees have enjoyed McD's cooking demonstrations and samplings for years, and we're excited to have him as our new Series Director. McDearman is taking over tour duties from Chef Troy Black who, after completing more than 100 successful events, has decided to take a personal break before pursuing other professional opportunities.

Mark, I thought you were friends with Troy, call him and ask him.

Basically the Fire Marshall was strict in Marietta and the Sam's folks were enforcing it down to the inch :becky:. About as simple as that. So if your local comp doesn't have a fire marshal checking on things then you probably don't have to worry about the folks that run Sam's visiting you.

Back