Sam's Club IBP Pork Butt @ $2.48/lb. What the ....!?

They were Fantascaliscous!!! :heh:

They looked like it!! Should make a fantastic item for game night. I will be sure to take pics and let you see how they go over. I will be sure you get credit where credit is due. ( hijack over :tsk:).

They looked like it!! Should make a fantastic item for game night. I will be sure to take pics and let you see how they go over. I will be sure you get credit where credit is due. ( hijack over :tsk:).

I had seen a post on them on here.............:thumb: BUT I came up with "Fantastalicous" all by myself.....:bow:

Went to SAMs today in Virginia and noticed the exact price hike!! My eyes popped out of my head because just last week they were $1.39/lb for a twin pack and $1.20/lb for a case. I picked up a prime angus brisket today for $4.98/lb. meat prices are crazy!!!!

Supply and demand. Price increases being passed on to the consumer. Pork prices are going up due to the porcine epidemic diarrhea (PED) virus that reduced the amount of available pork. The pork situation may level out by mid to late summer. Beef prices will continue to increase due to drought conditions that reduced the supply.

Stock up while you can becomes a balancing act of increased electrical cost to operate home freezers vs. the cost to purchase fresh. Chicken quarters are looking better every day.

Supply and demand. Price increases being passed on to the consumer. Pork prices are going up due to the porcine epidemic diarrhea (PED) virus that reduced the amount of available pork. The pork situation may level out by mid to late summer. Beef prices will continue to increase due to drought conditions that reduced the supply.

Stock up while you can becomes a balancing act of increased electrical cost to operate home freezers vs. the cost to purchase fresh. Chicken quarters are looking better every day.

I could me mistaken, but I think it actually costs less overall to run your freezer packed full as it doesn't have to cycle as much as it would with lots of air space in it.

Picked up a USDA Prime whole packer at Cosco the other day for $2.49/lb. Looked today and it was $3.39/lb.

So should I buy a couple cases of IBP pork butt at $2.09/lb? I really like that pork.. very fresh and non-injected.

Pork has a tendency to freezer burn(develops a rancid taste) after about 6 months. I'm sure there will be someone to dispute that advice by telling you they have had pork in the freezer for X months or X years, but for me, it is a flavor that just ruins the meat. You aren't saving any money if you have to throw it away. YMMV as they say.

Robert

Yeah....saw the same thing...

I always cruise the meat section when I go to Sam's. When I saw these prices I asked the manager if they were correct...he said yeah. Who in their right mind would pay $55 for a brisket flat??? And that price for the short ribs is insane....

Last edited:
I always cruise the meat section when I go to Sam's. When I saw these prices I asked the manager if they were correct...he said yeah. Who in their right mind would pay $55 for a brisket flat??? And that price for the short ribs is insane....

Holy CRAP:crazy: i won't be eating brisket anytime soon

Back