THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texas Hogger

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Terry
For the "Boned, Rolled & Tied" throw down (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296592 ), I went with a pork tenderloin.

I slit it down the middle and pounded it out flat.

Last week I found some Johnsonville sausage strips at Sam's, so I made a weave with them.
I laid the flattened loin on the weave, spread some green chiles over it and added some extra sharp cheddar slices.
Then I rolled and tied it and threw it on the Weber kettle for some indirect heat.
I mashed some taters and made some gravy from the pan drippings.

I was please with the results but I think I prefer a bacon weave over the sausage strips.

Thanks for checking out this thread

Now here is the pron:

Attachments

I just finished eating not long ago - but I'd absolutely destroy that plate! Looks incredible. The sausage strips are a new one for me, too.

Looks good!
First saw the sausage strips a year or so ago.They have an odd consistency, and not a lot of flavor. The maple ones were ok, we never even finished off the chorizo ones, and haven't tried any since.

I had never seen or heard of sausage strips until I saw them at Sam's; so I figured I would give them a try.

NOT impressed.

I should have stuck with bacon.
Johnsonville should stick with brats.

I had never seen or heard of sausage strips until I saw them at Sam's; so I figured I would give them a try.

NOT impressed.

I should have stuck with bacon.
Johnsonville should stick with brats.

The sausage strips don't suck when fried crisp. Maybe a bit tough but quite tasty. IMO...
But you are probably right to think that bacon might have done better to wrap your porker.

Back