Road trip tailgate wings yesterday evening and banana pancakes this morning.

DubfromGA

is Blowin Smoke!
My boy and I road tripped this weekend to visit our family.

We made the 350 mile drive home yesterday. Beautiful weather and really pleasant interstate driving.

Stopped early for some strong dark roast java and then made the final 311 miles non-stop. Loving the legroom in the new truck. So much more comfortable than my previous truck. My 6'9" son slept like a boss the final 3 hours...stretched out in the passenger seat. :thumb:

He woke up about the time we were ten minutes from home, lol. Kid was synched to the arrival.

He asked what was for dinner....and would it be quickly made as he was wanting to get over to his girlfriend's house ASAP. I knew that was coming.

Wings were agreed on as I'd put 'em in the fridge to thaw priory's to us leaving on Friday. :loco:

Used the Kick Butt rub on the wings.....and then dusted them with the Honey Dust after they came off the grill (as per instructions).

Rolled the kettle out and loaded up the Vortex with a chimney full of hot coals.

Pic taken late in the cook....sanitizing the tongs prior to final handling of wings. I'm all about killing it with fire. :mad2:

I didn't get any pics of them after the Honey Dust went on...sorry. Suffice to say, they didn't last very long.

Had some steamed broccoli with cheddar as a side.

Made them some banana pancakes for breakfast this morning.

They were a hit with the maple syrup.

My breakfast was a little bit of egg with my pepper.

Back