Review of the Ink Bird IBBO-4T Wi-Fi 4 Probe Thermometer

What's the approximate range on the wifi for connectivity? My issue with a lot of blue tooth/radio units has been range.

This is a Wi-Fi unit so the range is only limited by the range of your router. If your connected to your home network away from home you can check it almost anywhere.

Make sure your WiFi has a solid signal out to your pit where the unit will be during a cook.

You'll need to make sure your router is broadcasting in the 2.4ghz range, not 5ghz.

Once the unit is set up and connected to your WiFi, you can check your results from anywhere on your smartphone app.

Man, I just used it again on tri tip and chicken today, it was spot on- my fav new bbq accessory!

I received my Inkbird thermometer on Nov 6 and have a few cooks on it now. A couple notes:

Shipping was fast.

I am not an IT guy, I work on computers daily but pay someone to fix any computer problems I have. That being said I was able to hook the thermometer up to my home network with no problems, even though I was skeptical that I could get it done.

I put the probes in ice water and they all matched, right where they needed to be.

I have checked the temps away from home many times, that feature is SO AWESOME!!! No wondering when I am at the store if I am killing my food, or if the smoker is having some issue and not holding temp.

My only complaint would be that I haven't figured out any way to get the alarm to sound when I am not in the app directly monitoring it. But that's not a huge issue for me, I use the app to make sure I am in the right range and if I am getting close to done I watch it closer.

I received my Inkbird thermometer on Nov 6 and have a few cooks on it now. A couple notes:

Shipping was fast.

I am not an IT guy, I work on computers daily but pay someone to fix any computer problems I have. That being said I was able to hook the thermometer up to my home network with no problems, even though I was skeptical that I could get it done.

I put the probes in ice water and they all matched, right where they needed to be.

I have checked the temps away from home many times, that feature is SO AWESOME!!! No wondering when I am at the store if I am killing my food, or if the smoker is having some issue and not holding temp.

My only complaint would be that I haven't figured out any way to get the alarm to sound when I am not in the app directly monitoring it. But that's not a huge issue for me, I use the app to make sure I am in the right range and if I am getting close to done I watch it closer.

Thanks for sharing with us Shawn, if you use Inkbird pro App pls change it to "BBQ-4T",Inbird pro still hasn't fix this alarm issue.
Any other questions pls tell me,I will assist to fix:)

Hi all - is this thing waterproof? I nuked another bluetooth sending unit the other day, and would prefer to be on wifi. Now that the issue with temp alarms has been fixed, this would be great if it's waterproof....

Thanks!

Hi all - is this thing waterproof? I nuked another bluetooth sending unit the other day, and would prefer to be on wifi. Now that the issue with temp alarms has been fixed, this would be great if it's waterproof....

Thanks!

Yes,this one is waterproof,but waterproof Grade: IPx3 rated

I love my Inkbird 4 probe thermometer. I've used it on my gasser and pellet grills. Temps are accurate and wifi works very well.

I also have the Sous Vide unit and it's worked very well. Great company and prices are excellent- Thanks

Back