Restocking the stash of pulled pork.

I have a large pellet smoker and always try to cook at least 2, but sometimes up to four 7.5 pound butts at a time. We have had great success with vacuum sealing the meat after pulling and then freezing for future meals. We reheat by placing the bag in a pot of boiling water for 20-30 minutes. In our opinion, there is little if any difference in the taste of the re-heated meat. It always comes out very moist and flavorful. Doesn't dry out like microwave heating can tend to do. This way we get the maximum benefit of the smoker (doesn't use any more pellets to do 4 roasts than it would to do 1) and we also get to have great smoked meat even on days when we don't have time to smoke something fresh.

This thread teached an important lesson--it's done when it's done. That PP looks great and he pulled it off at 186 and 190.

Sometimes that happens to me on long low cooks, sometimes it's 200.

Most swear by cheap white buns. I like Hawaiian buns or onion rolls, myself.

I never did like cheap white buns and I can't eat any of those, for medical reasons. The sandwich thins taste great and don't spike my blood sugar to over 200 like white bread does.

I never did like cheap white buns and I can't eat any of those, for medical reasons. The sandwich thins taste great and don't spike my blood sugar to over 200 like white bread does.
You asked, so I answered. I say, use what you want. I also like Muenster cheese with my PP sandwich, sometimes.

Back