Red Box Smoker Review

If only it was Camo and you had done a plate of Beef short ribs............... :heh:
i have 2 racks. i might find time to cook one but you'll never see a camo cooker in my yard. :heh:
Nice, mine should arrive tomorrow!
let us know what you think. the paint is nicer than i thought it would be. i forgot to mention how well packaged it was. not one single scratch or flaw in the paint.
Thanks for the review. Nice cook!
thanks. i can see this being used a lot for just the wife and myself.

I forgot that the bottom of the fb is not insulated. That would explain the design of the charcoal basket. They may have wanted to keep the hot coals from reaching the bottom of the cooker.

I shouldn't have written the review so quickly. I forgot a few things...
The doors don't open passed 90 degrees.
There are no little catches to keep the grates from falling out of the cooker if the grates are pulled out.

Unboxed mine tonight. Yes, a solid little smoker for the money. Good value smoker.
Will fire it up on Saturday and smoke some wings on it for the test run.

Then start the fabrication on a frame with casters with a little storage space underneath and maybe a side table?

I shouldn't have written the review so quickly. I forgot a few things...
The doors don't open passed 90 degrees.
There are no little catches to keep the grates from falling out of the cooker if the grates are pulled out.
... and for the price :becky:

IMO you those downsides aren't much.

Unboxed mine tonight. Yes, a solid little smoker for the money. Good value smoker.
Will fire it up on Saturday and smoke some wings on it for the test run.

Then start the fabrication on a frame with casters with a little storage space underneath and maybe a side table?

I like these 2 but I don't have a way to fabricate anything.:tsk:
Cart 2.jpg

Cart Big 1.jpg

I'm going to do a cut down version of the second one. No side table, just the storage underneath. I'm hurting for storage space.

Looks good. On standard backwoods cookers, the doors only open 90 degrees unless you upgrade to a 180 door system.

My suggestion for folks is to dump preconceived notions with this cooker. Fill it with water, slight air tweaks... Find where it likes to run and just go with it. Great lil cooker for the money. See what insulated reverse flows are about. My first was a g2 chubby that I won in ABangs raffle a few years ago. Pretty soon you'll be buying a bigger one!

What a nifty little unit. The company is just South of here and Memphis Barbeque Supply has them in stock. Thanks for the review!

Back