Received an Unexpected Gift from my German BBQ-Brethren

IamMadMan

somebody shut me the fark up.
Came home last week and my son said I received a package by registered mail.

Puzzled because I didn't order anything, and I never order by registered mail.

Looked at the package and saw it was from Daniel, my Brethren Friend in Germany.

German Pastries, salad dressings, and croutons.
enhance

Pastries galore...
enhance

Candies and seasoning mixes for warm spiced wine, a German Holiday Tradition.
enhance

Thank You Daniel, a very kind and benevolent gesture.

Maybe you received this surprise because you are so gracious with your advice and counsel to total strangers and make them feel important? Again, this forum and the people on it are amazing in their generosity!

I recognize the Knorr brand... what all did you get from them?

Lebkuchen is a traditional German baked Christmas treat, somewhat resembling soft, fluffy gingerbread. Lebkuchen dates all the way back to 14th century Germany where they were created by Catholic monks. Prepared in monastery bakeries, Lebkuchen included honey, a variety of spices and nuts. On top of food purity laws in Germany, they also have laws to protect the regional baked products in the same manner as the French have laws to protect their Champagne.

The Knorr Salad dressings are similar to our Good Seasons mix your own salad dressing. A variety of different types of European dressings using spices of European popularity, and a couple packages of spiced croutons.

The Mon-Cheri candy is a far cry from what we have here in the us. They are filled a with a potent cherry brandy that takes your breath away when the chocolate melts.

Lastly the Glühwein Gewürz, known as mulled wine in English, Glühwein is winter magic in a glass! Mulled wine is a beverage usually made with red wine along with various mulling spices and sometimes citrus and raisins. It is served hot or warm, it warms your hands and and your soul during Germany’s cold winter months. It is a traditional drink during winter, especially around Christmas.

Last edited:
Wow, that's a great package!!

At the bottom of the last pic, those Mozart balls, they are spectacular!!! They have a whole range of chocolate sweet that is absolutely amazing.

The Mon-Cheri candy is a far cry from what we have here in the us. They are filled a with a potent cherry brandy that takes your breath away when the chocolate melts.

Mon-Cheri are wonderful! I tried to buy some and get them shipped in but, US Custom's would not allow it even if I paid the alcohol tax because "children might eat them". Didn't matter that I was a childless bachelor either. :evil: They did suggest I go South of the border to Mexico and bring back as many as I wanted in my tummy!
:becky:

Back