*** Re-Vote - BBQ Brethren "2014 Throwdown Grand Master Finale" Throwdown! - Re-Vote ***

*** Re-Vote - BBQ Brethren "2014 Throwdown Grand Master Finale" Throwdown! - Re-Vote ***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Congratulations Mike for the win and to all the others on your amazing entries.....well done :clap2::clap::clap2::bow:

A big shout out to my two close worthy rivals and bro's, Al Czervic (Mongo) and Charred Apron (Jed) with two highly skilled entries in The Brethren Grand Master TD, the comp that gets to display the most skilled cooks and where voters get to choose which entry displays the qualities that make it worthy of being an example of who the Brethren are, and just what they can do around a BBQ.

CharredApron butchered his own cut from the carcass piece, then he cut and trimmed it down himself. He created all the recipes and did all the processes himself, and showed us all a huge amount of skill cooking a lamb crown by radiant heat from a wood fire, and nailing it!!!
His dish contained all the ingredients called for from the baskets in his own recipe, cooked by himself!
Well done Jed!!

Al made his own bread himself, a coffee scroll in fact, baked it himself on the cooker!!
He didn't get his Mammy to make the sides, he made everything and cooked a lamb burger to perfection over charcoal, himself, and I am sure smart voters noticed he created the entire dish using all the ingredients. It also was a perfect presentation and Food Magazine quality bit of photography!!
Impressive skill indeed, and another entry I would have felt esteem for had it been voted Grand Master of The brethren!

We got the win we deserve thanks to Moose's hard work and the voters, congrats Luzianne on all your fine work, the brownies looked so good, the stuffing was tasty looking and the chop well stuffed, dunno who drove to the shops for the store bought bacon and sausage but kudos, and that stewed cabbage dish must get a mention,nice cocktail and congrats Toast for that marvelous cook of your Sriracha and garlic bread chop on the gasser!
Hang that banner with pride!

:clap2:

A big shout out to my two close worthy rivals and bro's, Al Czervic (Mongo) and Charred Apron (Jed) with two highly skilled entries in The Brethren Grand Master TD, the comp that gets to display the most skilled cooks and where voters get to choose which entry displays the qualities that make it worthy of being an example of who the Brethren are, and just what they can do around a BBQ.

CharredApron butchered his own cut from the carcass piece, then he cut and trimmed it down himself. He created all the recipes and did all the processes himself, and showed us all a huge amount of skill cooking a lamb crown by radiant heat from a wood fire, and nailing it!!!
His dish contained all the ingredients called for from the baskets in his own recipe, cooked by himself!
Well done Jed!!

Al made his own bread himself, a coffee scroll in fact, baked it himself on the cooker!!
He didn't get his Mammy to make the sides, he made everything and cooked a lamb burger to perfection over charcoal, himself, and I am sure smart voters noticed he created the entire dish using all the ingredients. It also was a perfect presentation and Food Magazine quality bit of photography!!
Impressive skill indeed, and another entry I would have felt esteem for had it been voted Grand Master of The brethren!

We got the win we deserve thanks to Moose's hard work and the voters, congrats Luzianne on all your fine work, the brownies looked so good, the stuffing was tasty looking and the chop well stuffed, dunno who drove to the shops for the store bought bacon and sausage but kudos, and that stewed cabbage dish must get a mention,nice cocktail and congrats Toast for that marvelous cook of your Sriracha and garlic bread chop on the gasser!
Hang that banner with pride!

:clap2:

Thanks bucc. LuzziAnn said thank you too. As I'm sure all our Friends know She is the cook and the brains of the outfit. I get to throw meat on heat outdoors, take pictures and such using knowledge gleaned at this great site.

To my fellow 3 competitors, It's an Honor just to be in the same group as you fine BBQ/Cooks/ Pitmasters. :thumb:

Toast I made the smothered cabbage tonight, and wow it was good! I didn't use the salt pork and it was still amazing! Congrats on the win...

Congrats Mike!

Well deserved. That meal was fantastic looking.
And thank you especially for your humility and good sportsmanship.

All entries were great ones. A true GRAND MASTER Throwdown!
WAY close race too....as it should be!

Toast I made the smothered cabbage tonight, and wow it was good! I didn't use the salt pork and it was still amazing! Congrats on the win...

Thanks Brother. That's the thing about these Throwdowns. I "thought" I hated cabbage until we had to find a recipe for it. We'll be doing it again! :thumb:

Back