Quick Lunch--Smash Burgers on the Retrofit BS griddle

looks awesome, its strange to hear you folks call them smashed.
Thats how most burgers are cooked down here.
You would fit right in

Thanks Titch! Some day hopefully since I've got relatives in Sydney.

Farkin beautiful burger Sako, wish I could find a griddle to fit my gasser so it had a purpose

Thanks Tom! Gotta tell you that I've been using the gasser more obviously. I got lucky with the 28" top fitting my 36DCS perfect. Time to get rid of the 36" stand alone BS griddle.

Sako, you had me at "Gruyere and American".

The rest is just over-the-top!

Best of luck with the remodel/handyman work!

Thanks Marc! Love me some Gruyere any which way I can get it.

My first thought was also "what, no food for the Buddy that was helping you out?"

I musta missed the griddle story. I kinda want one for my gasser, but she's on her way out, so better to wait and get something that fits her replacement...

Makes sense to wait since your gasser is going out Terry.

Here's the thread: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240666

So many griddle threads these days...

You're making me spend more $$...

Depends Ted. Check around and you may be able to get a stupid deal on them. For example, I scored the 28 for $50 which is cheap enough but I'm going to sell my 36 and probably for $120 which will leave me a few bucks in the end. Yes I paid $300 for the 36 5 years ago but got my money's worth out of it. :biggrin1:

I have a big hunk of 22" diameter, 3/8" thick Carbon steel for a griddle comin' to plop on my drum. I'm gonna play with it and see what happens.

I've been out of the griddle game for too long

I'll have visions of this all day. Ain't nuthin like a great burger - very nicely done, Sako!

Thanks Greg! I don't blame you. I bought the 3 pack organic ground beef from Costco and still have plenty of beef left so maybe round two tonight. :biggrin1:

I think there's a late flight to LA this afternoon AND I am a pretty fair handyman!

Oh well we're loading out corn in the morning so I'd better just drool on my keyboard instead!

I have the cast iron press but really even a spatula will work as long as you put pressure on it.

P3169028.jpg

Depends Ted. Check around and you may be able to get a stupid deal on them. For example, I scored the 28 for $50 which is cheap enough but I'm going to sell my 36 and probably for $120 which will leave me a few bucks in the end. Yes I paid $300 for the 36 5 years ago but got my money's worth out of it. :biggrin1:

I just landed a 36 for $120 on CL that was posted at $180, deals are out there.

This post made me sad..... :sad:

Because I don't really have room for what used to be my BS. I gave it to my neighbor.

I think I need to re-think my porch setup.

Righteous looking burger! :thumb: I want a Blackstone so bad, but sadly don't have the space on my BBQ patio for it at this point.

Righteous looking burger! :thumb: I want a Blackstone so bad, but sadly don't have the space on my BBQ patio for it at this point.

I got one of these for to use on my weber 330 gasser cause I didn't have anymore room for another toy. Works really well so far. Going to do another batch of smash burgers in the next few days.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CBDBV8Y/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Dang haven't even put my 56'' together, it is still in two boxes waiting for warmer weather. Can u mail me a burger in the meantime.

Back