THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a bit later than your asking but when I first joined in 2014 minis were all the rage.

it's a smokey joe with a tamale pot expander for use as an ultra compact uds.

The Smokey Joe with tamale pot is what led me to this forum.

Also led me to biuld a mini UDS. 30 Gallon.

It's been a great place to read about everyones different take on smoking and cooking. Have tried quite a few things I would have never known about otherwise! :clap2:

:-D All right Adams! I don't care if you are older than me, you put that ham back. If you don't, I'm gonna tell.......I'll tell them that I saw you with BEANS in your CHILI! :-D

FB has killed most forums sadly. To be real frank the splitting people by brand "owners pages" has really hurt many of these things said forums focused on.

I remember clicking here and seeing SO MANY people posting/reading the forums. Heck during the bbq TV show boom it was crazy.

Thankful for those that stayed or drift back.

To me FB pages are like the 5 minute talking head argument where forums can be long form like a podcast.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Back when I joined I recall there being a lot of threads regarding COS (Cheap Offset Smokers) and how to improve the performance.
Insulated cabinet smokers, Spicewine cookers specifically, were the rage. I wanted one so effing bad. Saw my buddy ZBQ cook on one down in Dayton at a Pretty Good BBQ.
Me? I guess I'm a one trick pony. I started on a Brinkmann Cimmaron but it's been WSMs since I discovered them.

Back