Question for old timers on this forum

a bit later than your asking but when I first joined in 2014 minis were all the rage.

it's a smokey joe with a tamale pot expander for use as an ultra compact uds.

The Smokey Joe with tamale pot is what led me to this forum.

Also led me to biuld a mini UDS. 30 Gallon.

It's been a great place to read about everyones different take on smoking and cooking. Have tried quite a few things I would have never known about otherwise! :clap2:

:-D All right Adams! I don't care if you are older than me, you put that ham back. If you don't, I'm gonna tell.......I'll tell them that I saw you with BEANS in your CHILI! :-D

FB has killed most forums sadly. To be real frank the splitting people by brand "owners pages" has really hurt many of these things said forums focused on.

I remember clicking here and seeing SO MANY people posting/reading the forums. Heck during the bbq TV show boom it was crazy.

Thankful for those that stayed or drift back.

To me FB pages are like the 5 minute talking head argument where forums can be long form like a podcast.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Back when I joined I recall there being a lot of threads regarding COS (Cheap Offset Smokers) and how to improve the performance.
Insulated cabinet smokers, Spicewine cookers specifically, were the rage. I wanted one so effing bad. Saw my buddy ZBQ cook on one down in Dayton at a Pretty Good BBQ.
Me? I guess I'm a one trick pony. I started on a Brinkmann Cimmaron but it's been WSMs since I discovered them.

Back