Contest Announcment Q For The Kids Needs 2 Teams

That would be the team now called Oinkadoodlemoo, yes they have signed up. Maybe we will see you next year.

Thanks Ford for making it 24, I go on television at 6 in the morning so I will challenge some of the locals to come show us their skills, are Randy and Marla coming? He has a freebie from reserve grand last year.
See you soon
Patty

How did the TV appearance go, Patty?

It went OK, I was nervous as all get out but did alright and I did remember to mention the challenge. We are also on the community calendar for both stations here in town and I have updated those to mention the challange. Who knows maybe someone will want to jump in and get their feet wet.
Hey Randy, are you afraid you will get your butt smoked? You did well last year, what's to say you won't go home with the Grand Championship this year. Are you in??

I'm sorry I won't be there... I really liked last year's comp. You all put on a really nice competition for your first year, and I like why you're doing this in the first place. We really felt like you went out of your way to care for the cooks.

The thing I'm not sorry about is missing the 90 degree heat! :) It looks like a hot weekend.

Hey, we have air conditioning now so you could always step into the building for some relief. You would be impressed with the many improvements we have been able to make to the old building with the $500,000.00 Grant we were working on when you were here last year. Rember the plywood floor in the gym, it's now beautiful white maple. We work hard up there and really enjoy seeing the end results in the programs and services we provide to the community.
See you next year!

I love it... Smack talking on the Smack Talk champ... If there are more than 18 teams, I don't think the Reverend would be afraid of just about anything... No reason for him to be afraid...

It went OK, I was nervous as all get out but did alright and I did remember to mention the challenge. We are also on the community calendar for both stations here in town and I have updated those to mention the challange. Who knows maybe someone will want to jump in and get their feet wet.
Hey Randy, are you afraid you will get your butt smoked? You did well last year, what's to say you won't go home with the Grand Championship this year. Are you in??

there are 24 teams, do you think he's up to the challange...... come on Randy, you in?

Knowing Randy. He is probably going to a top notch competition this weekend. :wink:

I figured he was going to the one that QUAU will be going to.
Scottie, you coming and gonna miss you and Tina there Jim! Maybe next year
Hope everyone has a great BBQ season!

I figured he was going to the one that QUAU will be going to.
Scottie, you coming and gonna miss you and Tina there Jim! Maybe next year
Hope everyone has a great BBQ season!

We'll try to keep it open next year. We just made other plans this year. Why don't you and Brian come over and cook Kettering next month? Are you up to the challenge?:wink:

“Q For The Kids”
Teams For 2008
Show Me Your Bones
Ribs & Bibs
ZZ Que
Rinky Dink Smokers
Double D’s BBQ
Shigs-In-Pit
Smoky River BBQ
Hoosier Crawdaddy
Pig-Pak
Hickory Flats BBQ
ExFed BBQ of Indiana
Making Meat BBQ
Monty Pigthon & The Holy Grill
B.U.Z.Z BBQ
The Flying Burritos
OinkADoodleMoo
Getta Que
Son Seekers
Squealing Good BBQ
Snake Pit Bar B Que
Stink-Eye BBQ
ACME BBQ
Rollin’ Ribs
Great Lakes BBQ
Pepperitaville
That makes 25, Thanks Todd & Connie

Jim, we don't cook yet except for catering and the concession stand here at the center, working up to it though. We will be looking for you next year.
Have a great season and tell Tina Hi.

well that makes it a little tougher. Do you guys have a pool close to the site? :twisted::biggrin: If so, leave the gate open even though a certain Mt Vernon team is not showing up. Never know who might want to go for a dip at midnight.:-D:-D:-D:-D

Wish there was as it's supposed to be hot, maybe you could walk someone across the road to the pond behind a friend of mines house.

Friday Night Cooks Dinner

Looks like a great dinner. Here's the menu:

Show me Your Bones--Mexican Bean Dip with Tortilla Chips
ZZ-QUE--Homemade Banana Walnut Ice Cream
Monty Pigthon--Orzo & Wild Rice Salad
Ribs & Bibs--Hawg Wings
Hoosier Crawdaddy--Beef Roast
Smoky River BBQ--Homemade Mac & Cheese
Ex Fed BBQ--Greek Pasta Salad
Shigs & Pit--New Orleans style meatballs
Making Meat BBQ--Meatloaf
B.U.Z.Z. BBQ--Jambalaya
Jeff & Sam Know Ribs judging team--Urban Greens
Hickory Flats BBQ--Homemade bread
Rinky Dink Smokers--Meatballs and Homemade Slaw
The Flying Burritos--Homemade lemonade
The Fords-KCBS Contest Reps--Jeni Chocolate Pizza (placed in the American Royal 2007)
The Krininger's Judging Team--Au Gratin Potatoes
OinkADoodleDoo BBQ Team--Corn Pudding
Stink-Eye BBQ--Loophole's Bake Beans
Son Seekers BBQ Team--Kentucky Derby Pies
Snake Pit BBQ--Chocolate Cake and a Rum Cake
Squealing Good BBQ--Tator Salad and Eggroll Tarts
Pig-Pak BBQ--Macaroni & Cheese and a Pea Salad
Double D's BBQ--Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding with Rum Sauce
Acme BBQ--Chocolate Brownies
Rolling Ribs--Pepperwood Pork Loin/Grilled Peaches and Hot Legs
Great Lakes BBQ--Pecan Pie

If you're in the area, please stop by and say hi!

Dallas
Double D's BBQ

Back