purchasing a porch trailer...advice?

We picked up our porch trailer from Southern Dimension Group in GA 3 weeks ago. Trailered it back to VA in a tropical storm from GA to NC. Passed the leak test for sure. 8' porch 12'box plus V-nose. AC, trailers jacks, 50amp service, LED lights, window for vending (maybe one day), 14' awning. SDG are good people to deal with. Competed out of it twice so far.

You got any pics you can share?

I have a v-nose on my 6x12. Cut the wind better than pulling a square front rig so the mileage is a little better.

One thing though - if you get a V, make sure you carefully check the geometry when fully jackknifed. The corner of the bumper on my Ram 2500 hits the front of the trailer unless I use a longer drawbar in the hitch. Crunched a hole in the lightweight aluminum diamond plate rock guard Freedom uses, so I had Scott Smith replace it with heavy duty stuff.

Pulled the trigger yesterday. Deposit sent in for a Southern Dimensions Group porch trailer. Thanks everyone for all your input in this thread and the 1000 others on this forum related to trailers that have made my head spin!

Pulled the trigger yesterday. Deposit sent in for a Southern Dimensions Group porch trailer. Thanks everyone for all your input in this thread and the 1000 others on this forum related to trailers that have made my head spin!

Congrats! What did you end up ordering?

Congrats! What did you end up ordering?
Thanks! 8.5x20 with 8' porch. Went with 20' instead of bigger after doing some measurements and looking at equipment and space where I am storing it. Sink package. Some set of cabinets above sink. I'll do more cabinets on my own. AC. Insulated all around. Finished walls. Electrical. 5200lb axles. 7' interior height. A few other small things.

I talked to a few people with their trailers who are quite happy with them. They were pretty easy to communicate with for the most part. Price comparable or less to most other places. So we will see in 6-8 weeks or so how the quality actually is.

Sounds good! That's close to what I want, but we'll try to add an 8' bedroom and bath module.

Back