Pulled Pork on the Kettle

TheHojo

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Ted
Way to hot in Dallas this weekend to manage the offset - but my son asked for pulled pork and smoked Mac n cheese

Used the snake method with B&B charcoal - 2 rows of charcoal on bottom, with another row stacked on top, and some hickory chunks dispersed for flavor - took about 8.5 hours on the shoulder - pulled and rested for 3 hours - then tossed on the Mac n cheese for 2 hours - let the fire go after I pulled the Mac n cheese off and still got another 4 hours of burn time on that snake - approximately 14-15 hours - have to assume the 100 degree temps outside aided in the efficiency

Injected the shoulder with Tony C Creole butter and rubbed with Meat Church Holy Voodoo - Mac n cheese I used the left over creole butter to make a roux, then blended in half and half and smoked Gouda - and seasoned with some Holy Voodoo - only got one photo of the shoulder - before I could take any of the finished product folks were already eating - have to say it was one of my easiest cooks - kettle chugged along between 250-275 all day with no effort

Nicely done!! Have never tried the snake method as the SnS works so well, IMO. Have you tried the SnS? Just wondering how you’d compare the 2 methods for low n slow if you have.

Nicely done!! Have never tried the snake method as the SnS works so well, IMO. Have you tried the SnS? Just wondering how you’d compare the 2 methods for low n slow if you have.

I have a “home made” SNS - that someone built for me about 8 years ago - 1/4 inch plate that has a divider and covers the bottom of the cooking side

I use that for all of my 5 to 6 hour cooks on the kettle - but anything longer than that I use the snake method. I generally would do all of those long cooks on my offset - but use my kettle during the summer for longer cooks to avoid the texas heat. Really like the snake method for briskets and pulled pork

Nice! I love those kinds of cooks where you can use a different method like that and it's not only easier to setup and maintain, but the clean up is also minimal.

Back