THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nucornhusker

Babbling Farker
I apologize if this has been discussed here before. I don't read every thread anymore or visit as often as I should. But I feel that I owe giving my brothers a heads up about something. If you have purchased Lumberjack pellets directly from GLRE in the past or plan to in the future, you need to read this.

First off this has nothing to do with the quality of pellet. I still feel that they make a very good pellet. However I got quite a surprise recently. Every year some friends and I go in a get a couple of pallets of pellets and split them for the year. I usually place my order in the spring. Now that spring had rolled around I had received the current pricing from GLRE and shipping quotes and all seemed to be normal.

On a Sunday morning (two days after I had placed my order) I received a text from a stranger asking if they could buy some pellets from me. I asked how they got my number (since we do these orders as a private group) and he said "from the Lumberjack dealer site". I checked and low and behold there I was. My name, home address, personal cell phone number and personal email address! I was farking pissed!! :mad2: I sent a scathing email to my contact (since it was Sunday I couldn't call) demanding that this be removed. I never gave consent to post this info on their dealer site and I never signed any dealer agreements. Everything was as it always was, just a guy buying pellets. I got an immediate reply saying that it was removed and that they "figured people knew if they bought directly that they would be dealers". If they wanted to make this change that's fine. It's their business and they can run it how they see fit. That's not my beef here. After several years and several orders under the agreement and assurance that I didn't need to be a dealer, this all of a sudden changed and without my knowledge. Now if they would have notified me of this change, I wouldn't be so upset. But since all of my PERSONAL INFO short of my SS# and CC# were posted on their site without my knowledge, I was not a happy camper.

Needless to say the order was cancelled and I won't do any further business with them, even through a third party dealer. I'm very unhappy with this turn of events of posting my personal info on their dealer site without my knowledge or consent.

Sooooo...as a PSA, use caution before you do business with them. Your personal info will be posted. If you have done business with them in the past, I would HIGHLY recommend checking to see if your info is listed on the site and if you want it removed, let them know.

Here is the link to the dealer locator:

http://lumberjackretailers.com

Sorry to bringing my disgruntlement here, but I just want my brothers to know if their personal info is posted on the Lumberjack dealer site too.

I get being upset, but I can see how this is an honest mistake. The majority of the world doesn't even use an outdoor cooking device. And the majority of the US uses their cheap a$$ gasser twice a year for burgers and dogs. So Johnny salesman automatically thinks anyone that is buying an entire pallet of pellets multiple times has to be a dealer.

Glad you got it sorted out.

So... You never answered my texts. Can I buy some pellets from you?

:becky:

I'm glad you got it straightened out!

Dammit Ron, LEAVE ME ALONE!!! :boxing::boxing:

:laugh::laugh:

I get being upset, but I can see how this is an honest mistake. The majority of the world doesn't even use an outdoor cooking device. And the majority of the US uses their cheap a$$ gasser twice a year for burgers and dogs. So Johnny salesman automatically thinks anyone that is buying an entire pallet of pellets multiple times has to be a dealer.

Glad you got it sorted out.

I've dealt with the same person for several years, and he's always known that this was just for personal use and that I do not sell them. It was agreed upon between us that I didn't have to be a dealer. I'm not upset about the change, I'm upset about how it happened (without my knowledge and posting my info without consent) and I want to help make any other brothers here aware of this so their personal info isn't on the Lumberjack dealer site as well. If it is, then they can go about getting it removed as well if they don't want it posted.

Back