proposed foreign object rule

Oh Good God Ed. I got disqualified for a foreign object that a judge found on my burnt end after it was on his judging mat. It was a big piece of cellophane about 6 inches long and 1/4 wide. This was apparently somehow missed when this judge pulled the end out of my box.

The cellophane was clearly from a lettuce wrap box. The rep even told me to “watch out when making lettuce wraps” when he disqualified me after awards (yes, you read that right...). Problem is, I use parsley.

I have theories how something I never use in my trailer ended up on my burnt end, none of which involves me being “lackadaisical”. I had two firsts and a 4th other than that DQ that day. I needed a 162 in brisket to win. This is not an isolated incident.

A foreign object found out of the box should not be a contest ender when lackadaisical judging is just as likely to be the cause.

Clearly you are just a "lackadaisical, don’t pay attention cook team" and we should automatically assume that any foreign object discovered on an entry AFTER it has been removed from the box must have come from the box and nowhere else even though it has been subjected to an open environment that is no longer controlled by the cook.

Obviously you blow over $1000 a contest just to show up and be "lackadaisical".

I cooked this contest and was embarrassed/disappointed it happened in my state. It was the second time that year that the reps at this contest had DQ'd a team for a foreign object and both of the instances were very shady. The other one was a tiny spec of something they "thought was foil, but couldn't identify what it was"

Back