Pork Butt and Stormy Weather

YankeeBBQboy

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Having friends coming over Thursday evening and I got a 10 lb. Butt to smoke. The weather is supposed to be cloudy but dry tomorrow (Wednesday) but on early Thursday morning and throughout the day, a tropical storm with 35 mph wind and 98-100% precipitation is coming thru. Now I have done some smoking thru light rain with the Big Green Egg but not a tropical storm. Thinking about smoking it tomorrow - should I pull it and hope for the best or cook it, keep it whole and warm it up in the oven?

This is a first for me so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Whenever i have to cook a butt a day in advance, I will pull it when done and mix in some apple juice, cool, cover with foil, refrigerate.
Next day, add a little rub, mix well, reheat in the oven for a couple hours before serving time, mixing a time or two.

done plenty of queing in heavy downpours... it sucks. if you have a choice, just cook the day before, enjoy the dry time outside with some beers and just re warm it while enjoying more beers with the homies

Whenever i have to cook a butt a day in advance, I will pull it when done and mix in some apple juice, cool, cover with foil, refrigerate.
Next day, add a little rub, mix well, reheat in the oven for a couple hours before serving time, mixing a time or two.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^ :thumb:

Make sure to catch those drippins, de-fat it, add a little vinegar, apple juice and a little rub and pour that back in after you pull it all apart.

This finishing sauce will help keep it moist and flavorful after you reheat.

Back