THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YankeeBBQboy

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Having friends coming over Thursday evening and I got a 10 lb. Butt to smoke. The weather is supposed to be cloudy but dry tomorrow (Wednesday) but on early Thursday morning and throughout the day, a tropical storm with 35 mph wind and 98-100% precipitation is coming thru. Now I have done some smoking thru light rain with the Big Green Egg but not a tropical storm. Thinking about smoking it tomorrow - should I pull it and hope for the best or cook it, keep it whole and warm it up in the oven?

This is a first for me so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Whenever i have to cook a butt a day in advance, I will pull it when done and mix in some apple juice, cool, cover with foil, refrigerate.
Next day, add a little rub, mix well, reheat in the oven for a couple hours before serving time, mixing a time or two.

done plenty of queing in heavy downpours... it sucks. if you have a choice, just cook the day before, enjoy the dry time outside with some beers and just re warm it while enjoying more beers with the homies

Whenever i have to cook a butt a day in advance, I will pull it when done and mix in some apple juice, cool, cover with foil, refrigerate.
Next day, add a little rub, mix well, reheat in the oven for a couple hours before serving time, mixing a time or two.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^ :thumb:

Make sure to catch those drippins, de-fat it, add a little vinegar, apple juice and a little rub and pour that back in after you pull it all apart.

This finishing sauce will help keep it moist and flavorful after you reheat.

Back