Poormans outdoor kitchen Genesis-Vision-Blackstone

Nice setup and great view. Looks a lot like my deck actually except that my blackstone is the pizza oven not griddle

Very nice. I like the table for your kamado. I am thinking of building one for mine. Got any tips or lessons learned the hard way? Does that magnetic strip below the handle of the Vision see much use? What do you use it for? Have you worried about the heat from the kamado sitting directly on the wood? I would think that after a while it would become a problem with heat.

Only things missing would be an adult beverage and me! Beautiful setup and view!

Very nice. I like the table for your kamado. I am thinking of building one for mine. Got any tips or lessons learned the hard way? Does that magnetic strip below the handle of the Vision see much use? What do you use it for? Have you worried about the heat from the kamado sitting directly on the wood? I would think that after a while it would become a problem with heat.

The one thing I will say is that the vision is not perfectly flat. The large ring around it is almost a 1" lower in the front than the back. I didn't know this at the time I was building the table only after. So come time sit it in I thought it wasn't flush. Thank fully I had given myself enough room to fit everything just right. I also put an 18x18 porcelain tile under my vision to keep the bottom off the wood. Really it's not touching any wood though I don't feel mine gets hot enough to do damage even if it was touching on the outer ceramic.

The magnetic strip is pretty awesome. I had purchased it for our kitchen knives but with 4 children I just didn't feel comfortable using it for that. So it has sat in a cabinet for a year waiting for a moment like this. I easily just put my tongs/spatulas right on it with zero issues. I find myself putting my utensils on it while cooking on the other devices it’s just that convenient. I suppose if you’re dealing with very marinated foods it could drip down but really hasn't been a problem for me.

Back