Pit Boss new Platinum Line Pellet Grills for 2020...

am I seeing this correctly, you can access firepot an clean out ashes without taking grates and diffuser out?

bravo

Ya looks like they took a hint from others and like Weber made that easy. I'm pretty interested in the lockhart because I don't have a "turn the dial" grill. I have my egg, but that is it.

I technically have the pitboss tailgater, but haven't even tried to use the "grilling" feature. So if this new model has that entire bottom section that can really do some serious grilling, plus smoke and then that cabinet that is a ton of real estate.

Though I'm interested to see how much that cabinet temp varies from the main chamber. Saw vents in the back of the main chamber in those pics so I wonder how the temps vary. Also from the video I saw I wonder if they even want you to smoke in the main chamber.

Either way I might have one next month.

EDIT: Found this video and this guy got on a few weeks back. So it's basically an Austin xl (type size) with a cabinet on top. They now have a way to operate the slide from the outside so you can grill, but the design for grilling is the same. He talks about the temps and shows how you can adjust vents to smoke in the cabinet.

https://www.facebook.com/darrin.wil...5398584/?query=darrin williams&epa=SEARCH_BOX

Last edited:
Soooooooo guess what I saw at my most frequented walmart today........
shoLblXl.jpg

c5OiTOTl.jpg

rD3yuu3l.jpg

LyqDj9fl.jpg

Didn't buy either and honestly after reading some things about the initial feedback on the Lockhart model these last few days I'm gonna pass at the $749 price. Short version is in order to get that top cabinet hot for hot smoking you have to set the lower chamber temp 150-200 degrees higher. Seems pretty fuel inefficient to me and no way to realistically use all that real estate to smoke at the same temp (or anywhere near the same temp).

Guess that top chamber is for "cold smoking" even though they don't really ever use the words "cold smoker" in any advertising. They call it a "smoke chamber".......

Anyways thought I'd thought I'd share that info. The KC Combo still seems pretty sweet. I just don't use a flat top ever really.

Both of these models look really hokey to me, similar to the blackstone griddle air fryer combo that they just released. I think they are trying to do too many things at once with these. I saw the Lockhart model on Willy Robertson’s (Duck commander) Instagram a few weeks ago and really wasn’t impressed.

That price point is more than I expect from a pit boss.

Back