Pit Boss new Platinum Line Pellet Grills for 2020...

RCAlan

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
RCAlan
It looks like Pit Boss is going PID and WiFi for 2020... https://pitboss-grills.com/platinum-series

It was just a matter of time and a very smart business decision on their part for the tech upgrades. You either keep up with the competition or become a after thought. The wild temp swings that their pellet grills would sometimes have will finally be a thing of the past... If they keep their prices for the Platinum Line below the competition, I believe it’s going to be a very interesting 2020 for potential pellet grill shoppers.

Good looking grill!

Gas grills will become an afterthought at some point.

I'm just happy they didn't mess with the logo. It reminds me of me even though it looks nothing like me.

I must be blind. I don't see pics. I see parts of the cooker.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just note: Exclusively to wally world. Right there at the bottom of the page. I'm surprised they would come out with a new improved product and off the bat make it available only at walmart.
And like Pj mentions, no actual clear photo's, dimensions etc. Or price point.
I would hope that new controller gets used on all there product line.

Just note: Exclusively to wally world. Right there at the bottom of the page. I'm surprised they would come out with a new improved product and off the bat make it available only at walmart.

Walmart has market reach most smoker manufacturers dream of. Academy, Bass Pro, etc. just can't match Walmart's market presence, especially with the customer base Pit Boss sells too.

When people balk at a $500 offset smoker, they aren't considering, or even aware of, the smokers we typically talk about. We may discuss the pro's and con's of a Peco vs. Wrangler at Academy, whereas the 'normal' Pit Boss / WalMart customer is considering a tin foil Charbroil knock-off in the garden center.

Walmart has market reach most smoker manufacturers dream of. Academy, Bass Pro, etc. just can't match Walmart's market presence, especially with the customer base Pit Boss sells too.
Besides their web site. HomeDepot, Lowes etc sell Pitboss.
But not this new model.
Just sayin.

I wonder how many Jason will end up :mrgreen:

Besides their web site. HomeDepot, Lowes etc sell Pitboss.
But not this new model.
Just sayin.

I wonder how many Jason will end up :mrgreen:

Yes, other big box stores will get it after the 'exclusivity' period with WalMart. As a business decision, I'm guessing WalMart was the only one with a big enough order to make it financially viable to bring this to market in a big way and compete against units from Green Mountain and Traeger at WalMart's competitors.

Pricepoint will be important to sales and Walmart has enough clout to probably bring it in at a price that it will move well for them so pellet poopers can be had by the WalMart masses and add to the ranks of people who insist BBQ requires more than a bottle of corn syrup sauce and a skillet or gas grill!

With Weber's Smoke Fire and Assasin among many premium options, I'm hoping these will have reasonably good build quality at less than a Traeger price, otherwise, you will need to step up GMG, Yoder, etc. and the corresponding increase in price.

Good looking grill!

Gas grills will become an afterthought at some point.

If you have a natural gas line outside, nothing can beat that convenience in my opinion. May not be the "best" product, but on a cold rainy/snowy/windy miserable NY/NJ night (so like 6 months of the year!) when I just need to fire up something quick and get the job done, NG Gas grill is a life saver. And I do not have to worry about running out or low on supplies.

If I had to constantly refill propane tanks vs constantly buying pellets the playing field gets a bit more narrow between the two options at some point.

You have me intrigued, and it doesn't have a stupid window. I am going to be watching reviews...even though the boss lady would rather buy be another hat than a grill :heh::loco::crazy:

Thanks for posting the link dward51... That PB Platinum Series LockHart Pellet Grill looks very tempting indeed...

pitboss has a confusing lineup. every retailer seems to get it's own line. makes comparing a bear.

I bet we'll see pid coming out elsewhere from them. maybe Walmart was just the first to move onto a higher price point which will be confusing for new buyers who dont know why the same size pitboss is more

as of now alot of folks replace the standard controller with the one from rec tec, its pid and costs $100

I guess someone was lucky and got the PB LockHart early... Looking forward to reading the reviews when they’re posted online. You have to be logged on to see the photos.

Attachments

• 36344DD8-B22E-4AA1-9656-2E55EA3E158D.jpeg
    36344DD8-B22E-4AA1-9656-2E55EA3E158D.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 185
  • 5FEF9A1F-A28D-43C4-A5DE-B0413C4D8567.jpeg
    5FEF9A1F-A28D-43C4-A5DE-B0413C4D8567.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 183
  • 4134D358-C21C-4DCB-A48F-D08BF0084DF0.jpeg
    4134D358-C21C-4DCB-A48F-D08BF0084DF0.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Back