THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sometimes you have to answer. There are lots of people (witness previous page) who land in this thread seeking info about the PBC. They expect to hear from PBC owners. When that info gets diluted by people who are not PBC owners it really is incumbent on us to correct the inaccuracies. I agree that it does no good to engage in a back-and-forth with people who don't have and have never used the cooker.

I agree with you 100% ....I truly do love this thread. There is so much info for beginners . There is one that is not a PBC owner,but has something similar to the pbc and you can tell he really jealous of the PBC or some reason. I post very little on here and the one time I said something about him a adminisrator said something.So best thing is just ignore them for the sake of the new ones.

I've been very satisfied with my kamado pizza but the griddle looks like it could come in handy. Thinking it might be in the plans for next summer.

I was very satisfied with pizza from my BGE, too. Until I got the Blackstone Pizza Oven! :-D

Thanks for the review. I've never cooked on a WSM so I will read it with great interest. I hope you don't get attacked for doing a good deed!

I agree, but I doubt he will get attacked. His review was fair and from a perspective most of us don't have and that is he actually owns and cooks on both.

Many wsm owners are starting to hang meat without the water pan to replicate the PBC. Sako (ssv3) has already figured out a way to use a diffuser in the PBC which will (in my opinion) make it cook similar to the wsm. One of these days I'm gonna make something similar that I can set a drip pan on.
The two cookers are really very similar, and as he states in his review, both produce a great but somewhat different flavor. It just depends on individual preference as to which flavor you are looking for and/or prefer

I agree, but I doubt he will get attacked. His review was fair and from a perspective most of us don't have and that is he actually owns and cooks on both.

Many wsm owners are starting to hang meat without the water pan to replicate the PBC. Sako (ssv3) has already figured out a way to use a diffuser in the PBC which will (in my opinion) make it cook similar to the wsm. One of these days I'm gonna make something similar that I can set a drip pan on.
The two cookers are really very similar, and as he states in his review, both produce a great but somewhat different flavor. It just depends on individual preference as to which flavor you are looking for and/or prefer

I think for whatever reason there tends to be this mentality of "don't get a PBC, because you can do ABC PLUS X, Y and Z on the WSM (or UDS, or something else)." I never looked at it that way. I think they're both great and like cooking on each one. Sometimes I like chocolate, sometimes I like vanilla. Both great.

I think for whatever reason there tends to be this mentality of "don't get a PBC, because you can do ABC PLUS X, Y and Z on the WSM (or UDS, or something else)." I never looked at it that way. I think they're both great and like cooking on each one. Sometimes I like chocolate, sometimes I like vanilla. Both great.

You realize all you are doing is enabling my addiction, right? I'm currently trying to figure out why I don't need a Blackstone griddle.
Then you come along with your comparison/review of the wsm/PBC and you make comments like the "sometimes I like chocolate sometimes I like vanilla" comment and now you have me rethinking my desire to have both a PBC and a WSM. I'm gonna run out of patio space!

Enabler! :becky:

You realize all you are doing is enabling my addiction, right? I'm currently trying to figure out why I don't need a Blackstone griddle.
Then you come along with your comparison/review of the wsm/PBC and you make comments like the "sometimes I like chocolate sometimes I like vanilla" comment and now you have me rethinking my desire to have both a PBC and a WSM. I'm gonna run out of patio space!

Enabler! :becky:

Oh Andrew, Andrew! Your problems are only beginning. I built an outdoor kitchen with a gasser and bought a kamado for a charcoal cooker in '09. Then in '12, three years ago, I found this site. Since then I extended behind my outdoor kitchen and replaced part of my lawn with a concrete pad to house all the toys I aquired since joining the site because I ran out of space in the patio. :becky: Not a hoarder since I use them all. Im missing a pellet grill and I really like the new Assassin grill but no space even with the new big concrete pad. :sad:

Santa Maria and the 3 other Webers aren't even in the pic. Won't fit. Lol

20141102_122705.jpg

The SM.

upload_-1

Last edited:
Oh Andrew, Andrew! Your problems are only beginning. I built an outdoor kitchen with a gasser and bought a kamado for a charcoal cooker in '09. Then in '12, three years ago, I found this site. Since then I extended behind my outdoor kitchen and replaced part of my lawn with a concrete pad to house all the toys I aquired since joining the site because I ran out of space in the patio. :becky: Not a hoarder since I use them all. Im missing a pellet grill and I really like the new Assassin grill but no space even with the new big concrete pad. :sad:

20141102_122705.jpg

The SM.

upload_-1

Thank you for making me feel normal. :laugh:

20141102_122705.jpg

The SM.

upload_-1

I hope I'm close to getting done Sako, I'm running out of room! LOL

I got a good blend of cookers just saving room for my LSG offset!!! Contrary to popular belief there's no magic bullet for a cooker, that is for SURE! They all do different things and have different purposes.

Got my chicken running at 370. Also in the pic a red bell pepper roasting away. Gonna use part of it for pizza tonight and part of it in my enchilada filling.

Attachments

I hope I'm close to getting done Sako, I'm running out of room! LOL

I got a good blend of cookers just saving room for my LSG offset!!! Contrary to popular belief there's no magic bullet for a cooker, that is for SURE! They all do different things and have different purposes.

Most definitely Keith. When I optioned out my LSG I planned for it to be the "all in one" cooker and honestly it is BUT each "dedicated" cooker excels in performing its specific task.

Got my chicken running at 370. Also in the pic a red bell pepper roasting away. Gonna use part of it for pizza tonight and part of it in my enchilada filling.

Looking good Andrew. Reminds me to make enchilada. I took some to work for a good friend one day with chicken cooked in the PBC. She still bugs me to make it again because she is hooked. She was raving about hers until she tasted mine. Up until that she thought I was nuts putting all the extra time in smoking the chicken first then pulling. Off the bat she picked up the smokey flavor of the chicken which changed her life. :becky:

Chicken is done. I'm wore out. I made 2 pizzas in the kettle during and after the chicken cook. Bob posted in another thread that he did chicken today too and went with high heat like I did. It was interesting to hear his results were exactly like mine. The higher heat resulted in a crispy skin, but less of a smoked chicken taste. Mine cooked at about 360-370 the entire cook. I'll probably back it down to around 300-325 next time and ramp it up at the end to crisp the skin. I used KosmosQ's dirty bird. Hey that stuff is great! It was my first time to use it and it's a winner! :thumb:

Below is the only finished pic I have.

Attachments

Back