Watching this closely Andrew. Hope it turns out great!

Yeah well at the moment me and the Airman PBC are fighting. I'm struggling to get the temp back up to 325. Its wanting to hang at 300°. Maybe she's mad because I haven't used her in awhile. Or maybe its the wind.....:mmph:

Edit: I'm back to 340 now......I threatened to pull my meat out if she didnt heat up..:heh:

Ok overall I'm pretty happy with the looks of the chicken. A couple pieces got a tad dark but overall they look good. I'll rate the taste and provide a plated pic shorty. It smells great though!

Attachments

• 20161022_173808.jpg
    20161022_173808.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 148
  • 20161022_173814.jpg
    20161022_173814.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 144
Guys this chicken tasted great! I definitely recommend you trying it. I'll post the plated pics in a few

Ok guys, here's a plated pic. I will probably make a cook thread tomorrow (time for OU football now....lol). But like I mentioned earlier, the chicken was delicious. I was worried about any weird flavors being produced from the batter dripping in the coals, but I could taste nothing but good flavor. If you do this, try and keep the PBC at 340-350 if you can. Again, I definitely recommend you try this. It tastes just like fried chicken but with a slight grilled taste and ZERO oil used.
Thanks to those of you who have given the positive comments too! :thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_0919.jpg
    IMG_0919.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0920.jpg
    IMG_0920.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 177
Outstanding!!

Thanks Brother!

Knocked it out of the park. Nice job

Thanks! You should try it, I bet you'd like it. I'm thinking you need to cook any chicken hotter (325-350) to get the flavor you are looking for.....Basically what Sako and Bob were telling you...

That's killer Andrew!! I've done it on the kamado but never on the PBC. Won't be long. :nod:

Do it Sako! Im sure you could come up with some creative awesomeness too! :thumb: :becky:

great looking cook Aclarke, OU in a tight one for now ....

Thanks Twisted! Unfortunately, OU's D sucks this year. If they just had an average D they'd be hard to beat!

This is where I am now! :becky: Rum, coke, OU football on the 70" :thumb:

Edit: man that TV looks small in that pic...lol

Attachments

• 20161022_213114.jpg
    20161022_213114.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 172
I will definitely give that a try Andrew. Looks delicious
Wonder how it would be with chicken breasts?

I will definitely give that a try Andrew. Looks delicious
Wonder how it would be with chicken breasts?

Probably ok if they have the skin on. Otherwise I'm not sure. Just be sure if you do it with breasts you pay attention to the IT. I wasn't really worried about the IT going too high with thighs. I did check to make sure they were cooked. Most were at 190°. That would make breasts dry out.....

Last edited:
Back