THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

robert-r

is Blowin Smoke!
Had a fair amount of leftover Tri-Tip from a recent cook & wanted an EZ dinner for the wife & I. Decided Pinquito Beans would be a good accompaniment to a Tri-Tip Sandwich.

Players.

hagH1O0.jpg

Fried a half a pound of diced bacon.

lo0fdhw.jpg

Removed the bacon & sauteed the chopped onion & poblanos. Then a couple cloves of minced garlic.

QsUbPEH.jpg

Added the drained & rinsed beans. Got them nice & warm.

SgRZQ8C.jpg

Returned the bacon bits to the skillet. Finally, a big handful of chopped cilantro. Seasoned with K salt & ground black pepper.

046ePWQ.jpg

Some knob onions I found hiding in the veggy drawer.

9HzgXWg.jpg

Toasted a couple of hoagie rolls.

lnB3P0w.jpg

Gently warmed the reserved au jus & tri-tip slices.

BTfVvhp.jpg

Time To Eat!

VHjK9KK.jpg

Nothing better than a sammich from leftover Tri-Tip, especially the way you prepared it! Beans like super tasty as well. :thumb:

That is a "Divine" looking meal.You had me hooked until you mentioned cilantro.That stuff tastes like the soap my Mom washed my mouth out with ( for cussin)as a youngun!

It all looks great. Question on the green onions though. Did you marinate them in some oil before placing on the grill? If so what did you use?

Thanks,

Robert

It all looks great. Question on the green onions though. Did you marinate them in some oil before placing on the grill? If so what did you use?

Thanks,

Robert

Thank you! I brushed the onions w/ evoo & dusted with Ksalt & pepper just before grilling.

Back