THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Al Czervik

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Scott/Mongo
With old man winter showing up ahead of schedule this year and our chest freezer in need a defrost, the conditions were perfect this weekend to knock out a couple small projects...

ncr6wOv.jpg

After mucking out the ice chest for a thaw, tossing what was burned beyond point of salvage and putting the balance out back in the extra large temporary freezer, I was stoked to find a three-ish pound tri tip begging to be used for chili. While there was a little gray, it wasn't past the point of no return.

B5Xvy5S.jpg

Cubed and seasoned with Q-Salt.

8TcBOIS.jpg

Quick sear for some crust and color

1lKiFyD.jpg

TBr52HG.jpg

The rest of the ensemble

qBDkl9w.jpg

All players into the DO for a long slow simmer

oGXqikc.jpg

After letting it ride for about five hours, it was time for dinner

RSP2vDt.jpg

nyWpHgW.jpg

Thanks for looking... :grin:

Last edited:
6 degrees? I will take my 45 degree lows thank you very much! :)

That chili looks amazing and I just ate!

Thanks for all the comments, gang... It definitely hit the spot!

How'd you like the Oakridge seasoning?

It's top shelf in my book! I love that it’s just ground chilis and GOCO without any salt. This second batch used up the balance of the pound received recently and I'll be placing an order for more before it's too late.

I’d come get my bowl but I saw snow in the pic. Can I pick mine up at Marty’s place?

Tell you what... I'll double the care package going out to Marty and you two can sort it out!

Last edited:
Back