Pics not showing on all threads help please

jrTheSmoker

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
jrTheSmoker
What makes pictures show up or not in a thread? I only get about one out of 10 threads where the OP is sharing pictures and they actually show up on my computer. I'm sitting here left hanging on all these new builds and food pics that I can't drool over.

Is there a setting I need to change to show the pictures all of the time?

Sometimes I've had good luck with refreshing later?

I know what you mean. I was about to message a poster the other day about brisket pics, but saw 3 people comment on how good it looked. When I checked the threat later that evening, all the pics were visible.

I 'might' have been on another computer at that point (honestly forget if I moved from work computer to personal) but both run the same OS, and the same browsers and are fully update, so should be the same.

Same happens here sometimes. The refresh button usually solves it but would be nice if it would just cue up the first time.

I've noticed lately that a lot are either slow to show up or don't pop up at all. But like others have said, usually a page refresh fixes it.

Same happens to me on occasion, but it is my VPN. I pause it, refresh, and can then see the pics.

I've refreshed the page, tried on Edge and Chrome, still no pics.

Moved to the techie section...

Can you give me a link to a post where this happens, please? In some cases the picture is uploaded to our server, but in other cases it is hosted on a server out of our control. I need to see an example to determine which it is.

Moved to the techie section...

Can you give me a link to a post where this happens, please? In some cases the picture is uploaded to our server, but in other cases it is hosted on a server out of our control. I need to see an example to determine which it is.

I get no pic/post often too, never tried a refresh, but notice it most with specific posters. Don't want to call any one out, not their fault, but crazy wolf has some posting weirdness. A couple others also. Cueball (unc) bitched about it for months in woodpile before he went ghost.

An upgrade to a modern message board software would do wonders for this forum. I'm sure there's a financial hurdle to get over in doing that. Have no idea about the technical difficulties. It may not be possible.

But the newer software is much easier on the users. Software like Smoking Meats Forum or Virtual Weber Bullet.

An upgrade to a modern message board software would do wonders for this forum. I'm sure there's a financial hurdle to get over in doing that. Have no idea about the technical difficulties. It may not be possible.

But the newer software is much easier on the users. Software like Smoking Meats Forum or Virtual Weber Bullet.
Last I heard Phil is looking at the latest release of vBulletin, the forum currently runs on an older version. As well as XenForo, that's what the two sites you mentioned run on.

I don't know if this is the answer but the explanation I once heard is that it is a problem at the photo host end.
I do know that at one time I could never see anything hosted by Google which I thought was very odd since I was using Chrome at the time.

Back