Phubar's Lowland Smokers @ Tony Stone's Low 'n Slow BBQ Competition 2013 In Haarlemmermeersebos Pron

Money shot

969417_549673481741996_1125237708_n.jpg

Could you clariPhy what you mean exactly?

Just trying to be helpful, no disrespect intended.

This is a pretty standard brisket box. (If you guys have not seen these, I apologize for assuming) This is not my box. We do it a little different, but the same idea.

7730941_orig.jpg

Your burnt ends were bigger than your slices. A little saucey for my taste, but that was not what I meant.

Just trying to be helpful, no disrespect intended.

This is a pretty standard brisket box. (If you guys have not seen these, I apologize for assuming) This is not my box. We do it a little different, but the same idea.

7730941_orig.jpg

Your burnt ends were bigger than your slices. A little saucey for my taste, but that was not what I meant.

Thanks for the feedback. I was responsible for the Brisket and our practice box looked a lot better then this one. (see this thread: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159688)
The reason why the slices were that small is simply because the rest was not tender enough to serve and since you're only suppose to be judged on what you send to the judges I figured I'd send out the best of the bad. The burnt ends turned out pretty good so they deserved a headliner in this box. As for the sauce, I guess this is personal but it has worked for me before and I kinda like it... :wink: Luckily it was still good enough for place 14 out of 32 teams.

Back