Phubar's Drum Phried Chicken Pt.4

Phubar

somebody shut me the fark up.
Inspired by seeing some buttermilk brines (over the last 2 years since I joined this forum) Ross in Ventura pushed me over the edge with his last thread and made me some buttermilk brined chicken.

I brined them for about 24 hours in buttermilk,L&P,Habanero Death Dust,dried basil,salt.
After that I washed the chicken and dried it with a paper towel....coated it with polenta and batter.
The batter was made out of leftover buttermilk brine,polenta,flour,egg,more Habanero Death Dust,more salt,more pepper,more dried basil.
Phired up the mini UDS and cooked the chicken between 350-400F.

For sides I had Padawan's leftover smoked tortellini bolognese with lots of parmigiano reggiano.

IMG_7230.jpg

IMG_7233.jpg

IMG_7232.jpg

IMG_7235.jpg

IMG_7236.jpg

IMG_7237.jpg

IMG_7231.jpg

IMG_7239.jpg

IMG_7240.jpg

IMG_7241.jpg

IMG_7243.jpg

IMG_7244.jpg

IMG_7245.jpg

IMG_7246.jpg

Been waitin' for this since you teased it in the other thread (where you missed me inviting myself over for dinner)!! :becky:

What did you think of the buttermilk/Death Dust brine? We've done this a couple times...makes a nice heat, without being over-the-top hot.

Nice lookin' phood Phu!!

Looks great! Did you like it? I've done WGA Phried chix a couple times - turned out pretty good but I need to get the batter right - I think I'm going a little too thick.

How did you like it on the drum compared to the WGA? I'm guessing the drum may be a more moist environment. That stuPh you made Phor us was PhanPharkingtastic!

Getting cold over there yet?

Wow! The chicken looks great! I tried this once and wasn't thrilled with the results, but I think I may have to try it again.

Been waitin' for this since you teased it in the other thread (where you missed me inviting myself over for dinner)!! :becky:

What did you think of the buttermilk/Death Dust brine? We've done this a couple times...makes a nice heat, without being over-the-top hot.

Nice lookin' phood Phu!!

I got some left but you gotta be quick!:becky:
Honestly,I liked the HDD in the brine and batter alot!
The chicken soaks up a bit of that habanaro Phlavour.

Looks great! Did you like it? I've done WGA Phried chix a couple times - turned out pretty good but I need to get the batter right - I think I'm going a little too thick.

How did you like it on the drum compared to the WGA? I'm guessing the drum may be a more moist environment. That stuPh you made Phor us was PhanPharkingtastic!

Getting cold over there yet?

Yeah...the thickness of the batter is one of the important tricks.
Next time I'me experimenting again with smoked BBQ Phried chicken I'm gonna use polenta again...use it well and you'll get a nice crust.
The mini UDS and WGA both come through very well except with the WGA I have to swap and probably the mini UDS can get higher temp but I'm not quite sure since I don't use a thermo on the WGA.

Yeah it's getting Pharking cold out here...amazingly Phast!
See you in April!:p

I think that's the best one yet!

Thanks you so much Gore for this Phried chicken experimenting...I Phorgot to say that...now I did...I guess.:wink:
And yes...this one is sort of my best yet,the polenta 50/50 flour mix is a keeper I think.
Back to the Lab!:becky:

Back