THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
Hrmph... interesting timing. Almost exactly a year ago, we tried a new Ethiopian spice mixture/rub on chicken legs called berbere.

It's a mixture of fenugreek, coriander seeds, black peppercorns, whole cardamom, chiles de arbol (or cayenne), smoked paprika, dried basil, Kosher salt, ginger, and cinnamon.

Here's the link to the cook thread w/ the recipe.

This time around, I made this into a wet rub with some lemon juice and some EVOO.

I almost went with a whole chicken (with a lemon and garlic down in the cavity), but decided to spatchcock the bird instead.

wk04pYkh.jpg

I'm thinking higher heat/indirect around 325F or so. More to come.

I just got some of the berbere seasoning from The Spicehouse. It's really good. Hotter than I anticipated, but I'm good with hot stuff.

Good news on this homemade version includes a distinct lack of heat (highly necessary if we want the 3 yr old to eat dinner), but lots of flavor.

I like how you roll, Marc! :clap2: Especially when yer rolling okra in cornmeal! :hungry:

Great plate as always - love that stuff!

Back