THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dirtdad

Name or Nickame
Joe
Currently a Louisiana SL700Gl for sale at the store for 299.00, on line for more. I bought one for my son, but as he is currently selling his house, and moving to Texas, it wont be used for a couple of months. The Louisiana grills website just went back up online, it was down for changes. Louisiana is part of the Danson group, including Pit Boss. The grill has a PID controller, but no WiFi. Looks very well built. I think its an amazing deal. If someone is interested, be sure to read the reviews on Costco, as there is information on there about a misprint in the manual affecting shutting down. There are some bad reviews, but almost all of them are related to this misprint. Also a 5 year warranty.
If looking for a medium sized, basic pellet grill, you cant beat this deal.

I almost bought it last year, but I read & watched so not-so-enthusiasatic reviews of it that claimed it chomps through pellets at a higher rate than expect. Also that the customer service department was lacking, specifically they were difficult to get ahold of for missing parts or functionality issues. It had me looking at a Rectec & GMG instead. Ended up with the MB 560 Gravity Feed when it was on clearance.

I hope the above isn't true & it is a good deal. I suppose the upside here is if you ever have issues with it you can always fall back on Costco's very generous return policy.

. I bought one for my son, but as he is currently selling his house, and moving to Texas, eal.[/QUOTE]

Moving is the best thing he could have done. Tell him welcome to Texas. I escaped several months ago.

Back