PBC rocking a turkey in Ft. Davis, TX.....

Whoo Hoo! I forgot I had taken a few pics with the camera too before the sun went down. It got pretty dang cold that night to be out eating a turkey dinner, but the hot food, hot fire, and great friends made it worthwhile.
I worked with what I had. I injected with some Lipton green tea, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. With the weather, wind and cool temps it went around 4.5 - 5 hours. I basted it with the juices, fat, and I'd toss in some Shiner every now and then to make for more basting liquid. Toward the end, I pulled all the apples and onions out of the cavity to get it done a bit faster. Skin was paper thin and crispy and it was nice and juicy. This was the last pic I got. Enjoy.
ftdavis2105005_zpsacdf7703.jpg

Just a tradition we have of going out there for a turkey day before the Turkey Day! We are looking to buy some land out there. We love the state park. Just a great place to spend some time and little towns with NO stop lights are fantastic!

Yep. My folks are from the Pecos/Balmorhea area so spent alot of time out there growing up. Nothing but wide open spaces and clean air! Glad you and the family enjoyed it.

Back