Outside grilling table underway, thoughts?

Oh the beauty of that rough edge!

I tried to get back the other day, but was pulled away.
I would avoid any mineral spirits based products for the outside in the weather and considering the heat factor. They tend to break down faster and recoating becomes a constant event ( read Pain in ***).

With the cracking, the E bond is as thin as water so it will fill the cracks and stop them from getting bigger. Just add some saw dust to make a putty and fill and sand smooth after set for the larger cracks. Plus, it will absorb into the remaining bark on the edge and help hold it to the body keeping that rustic look, and protect it from falling off after being weathered over time.
I dont work for E Bond, just know the product well and find it to be superior (and cheaper in cost) to many other epoxies out there after many years of use.

I know what it is like to want that "Just Perfect" finish and durability.

Good luck.

Called and spoke to e-bond. They have a new product they are recommending with UV protection. It is #1226. They sent me a data sheet on it, but need to read it yet. After speaking to them on the phone, I am a little leery for a couple reasons. Possible issues if the wood still has moisture in it and secondly it will most likely be very shiny like glass overtop of the wood. Not real sure if i want that glass like shiny top and fear of any issues arising while pouring or after it dries out some. Still debating. There is another product I need to check out but dont uave the name handy at the moment.

Back