THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jimqpublic

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
I'm building a small 7 foot long counter for bbq prep/staging, drink prep, etc. I'll continue to use separate BBQ's and grills.

My question is about sink depth: 4" deep or 9-1/2" deep? It will be a cold-only, mostly for rinsing, washing hands, and cleaning barware. Drainage will be by hose to planting beds so I will avoid letting food particles in. The island is surrounded by pavers so any splashing isn't a big deal.

I found two suitable sinks from Sunstone Metal Products. They are each around 16-18" squarish, have a faucet, soap dispenser, and sink cover.

One is an "ADA" sink that's shallow at only 4" deep so a wheelchair can fit under it with the correct installation- I don't need that feature but the price is good at $430. I like the style of this one better. Sunstone ADASK20

The other model is 9-1/2" deep, adds a cutting board and drain grid. The price is $530. Sunstone B-PS21

Any opinions?

Last edited:
Ugly, but I'd get a laundry (slop) sink, can clean up anything except maybe a cannibal pot....cheap too....

Thanks everybody for the ideas and comments. We're trying to decide if the extra $$$ for an outdoor-specific sink with lid is worth it. We want quality but are on a tight budget.

I poured the slab earlier this week and plan to frame the island this weekend so decision time is here!

Back