Outdoor Kitchen Sink depth?

Jimqpublic

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
I'm building a small 7 foot long counter for bbq prep/staging, drink prep, etc. I'll continue to use separate BBQ's and grills.

My question is about sink depth: 4" deep or 9-1/2" deep? It will be a cold-only, mostly for rinsing, washing hands, and cleaning barware. Drainage will be by hose to planting beds so I will avoid letting food particles in. The island is surrounded by pavers so any splashing isn't a big deal.

I found two suitable sinks from Sunstone Metal Products. They are each around 16-18" squarish, have a faucet, soap dispenser, and sink cover.

One is an "ADA" sink that's shallow at only 4" deep so a wheelchair can fit under it with the correct installation- I don't need that feature but the price is good at $430. I like the style of this one better. Sunstone ADASK20

The other model is 9-1/2" deep, adds a cutting board and drain grid. The price is $530. Sunstone B-PS21

Any opinions?

Big wide sink was one of the better decisions in our kitchen remodel. I say go big while you can.

Last edited:
Ugly, but I'd get a laundry (slop) sink, can clean up anything except maybe a cannibal pot....cheap too....

Thanks everybody for the ideas and comments. We're trying to decide if the extra $$$ for an outdoor-specific sink with lid is worth it. We want quality but are on a tight budget.

I poured the slab earlier this week and plan to frame the island this weekend so decision time is here!

Back